Part 21

"Look at the clouds," Belle smiles, pointing out the airplane window. I lean over and smile, kissing her head.

"Aren't they cool?" I grin, loving her. When I told her we're going to go on a plane, it was like Christmas morning. She was so excited.

The flight attendants announce our arrival and Belle grabs my hand while continuing to look out the window. We land and she parts her lips, gasping as the plane touches the ground.

"Daddy, that was so cool," she says, a few people looking at her because of her happiness. They smile, my lips kissing the top of her head.

"I'm glad you think it's cool."

We get out of the plane, my arms holding her as we walk through security and commons. I get our bags and grab her hand, her fingers holding mine tightly.

"Mummy," Belle squeals, Faye standing outside like she said.

"Hi cutie," she grins, crouching and hugging Belle. She kisses Belle's cheek and stands, hugging me and kissing me quickly.

"I told my parents that she calls me 'mum'," Faye says, my head nodding.

Belle reaches up and I lift her, her jetlag already visible. I kiss her cheek and let her sleep while Faye drives us home, my eyes continually looking back at Belle.

"Jack and I have our own apartment. So you can stay with us. We don't live with our parents," she shakes her head, my hand rubbing her thigh as she continues to drive.

"It's fine, babe. I get it," I say, her head quickly turning to look at me before back at the road.

"I regret this," she sniffs, my hand taken in hers.

"I regret moving. After all this, I'm moving back with you. I don't care what anyone else thinks, but I need to be with you," she says, my head nodding.

"I understand. Just know I wanted you to do this. Know that your parents would be the same people and remind you of why you left. But they needed you for some reason and that made me let you go," I say, her hand retracting from mine to wipe her cheeks.

"I've been a mess since I left in March. Separation anxiety, just flat out missing you. I've reached the point where being away from the person you love hurts," she says, my head leaning over and kissing her cheek.

"I'm here baby. No more leaving," I say, her head nodding.

She pulls into an apartment building a little while later, my body running to her side. Her eyes look up at me and I lean in, hugging her close to me.

"You will always be my top priority. You and Belle are my girls."

She smiles and kisses my cheek, hugging me close.

"Oh, I should probably warn you," she whispers, smiling up at me.

"Jack has a girlfriend," she says, my eyebrows lifting in surprise.

"That gorilla has a girlfriend?" I ask, her lips releasing a laugh. She nods and tells me they went to high school together, but he apparently didn't know about her but she knew about him. She must have been quiet.

My arms lift Belle out of the car and I cradle my sleeping beauty into the apartment, dragging my luggage behind me.

"Jack, Belle's sleeping so be quiet," I say into the apartment, his body walking in as he rolls his eyes.

"I still want her," he says, taking her from my arms so I can get situated with Faye. She grabs my hand, leading me to her bedroom. It's similar to hers in England, but her walls are navy blue.