Part 14

Faye's POV

"Do you like this one?" I ask Belle, holding a pink shirt out to her in the store. She nods and hugs it to her body, my lips curving.

"Let's keep looking," I say, her head nodding. I take the shirt from her and we keep shopping, enjoying the happiness that radiates from her. Considering Harry had to go into work, I offered to watch her. And me being the girl I am, decided to take her shopping. By the look of it, Belle is having a blast.

"Faye, look at this," she says, pointing to a pink skirt.

"Oh, I love that," I smile, her hands clapping as I bring it down. She grabs it and pulls it over her pants, jumping in excitement.

"It's so perfect," she cheers, my lips curving at her.

She takes it off and I put it in the basket, grabbing her hand and taking her around the store. We go into the toy section and she looks at the princess things, my lips curving at her. Belle is beautiful; the little girl coming from a beautiful man.

"Faye, do you like this one?" Belle asks, holding a tiara.

I nod, her arms hugging it to her. "I thought I recognized your laugh," someone says, my body standing and turning to look. The man from the party smiles at me and I struggle to remember his name, the fact not very important at the time.

"I see you're taking care of Harry's prized possession," he says, my eyebrows furrowing.

"She's his daughter; not an object," I say, his hand moving up.

"Are you watching her while he's in?" he asks, my head nodding.

"It's girls day," Belle grins, the man looking down at her.

"How cool is that," he says, my hands lifting Belle up so she doesn't go near him. I'm very protective of Belle; even though she's not mine, I'll take care of her.

"Why are you in the children's section?" I ask, Belle fixated on a toy. He seems off to me.

"Nephew's birthday coming up. Had to get him superhero stuff," he says, my head nodding.

"We best be going," I say, his head nodding.

"It was nice seeing you again," he says, my lips curving out of politeness.

"You too."

I quickly walk away, bringing Belle closer to me. "Was he your friend?"

I shake my head. "No. He works with your dad."

She doesn't really answer, only resting her head on my shoulder. Once I check out and get her buckled into the car, I drive her to my house and Jack's dog runs towards her. She giggles when he licks her cheeks, Jack walking outside.

"Munchkin!" he yells, Belle jumping when she sees Jack. He lifts her and spins her, my lips curving at them.

"Belle, guess what I got?" he asks, her hands clapping.

"What?" she giggles, her smile the brightest.

"I got fruit snacks!" he cheers, her lips parting as she gasps in excitement.

The two walk inside and I follow, holding her new clothes and toys. I'd happily treat Belle; thankful to have her in my life. I have to be on birth control because I deal with different symptoms in my...lady parts. I deal with horrible ovaries and therefore, will lead to lack of periods and ovulation. That then leads to me not being able to have children, or a very slight chance of being able to have a baby.

So I chose a career where I could be with kids all day to fill in the void.

I told myself when I met Harry that I'd be strong to start a relationship again. There would be no reason to not be with him because he had a child because his child latched onto me as soon as I started at the daycare.