Part 23

The bus pulls up to my house and Belle runs out, my arms wrapping around her as she comes towards me.

"How was school?" I ask, her head nodding.

"It was good. Tanner kept playing with my curls," she says, my eyebrows frowning.

"Is he still giving you trouble?" I ask, her head shaking.

"He's nice, Daddy," she grins, skipping inside. She hugs Faye and I smile, closing the front door.

When I get into the kitchen, I immediately fall in love with the sight. Belle is sitting at the counter on a barstool, smiling and laughing with Faye, whose stomach is past her toes and nine months pregnant.

"What are we having for dinner?" Belle asks, my arms moving my six year old into my arms.

"Do hot dogs sound okay?" Faye asks, her head nodding. Faye smiles, moving around the kitchen to get hot dogs out of the fridge.

I help Belle with her homework, breaking it down for her due to her dyslexia. Her little fingers hold the pencil and I help her sound out words, her eyes looking across the paper.

"Cutie, you want a bun or do you want it cut up?" Faye asks, Belle telling her cut up.

We move to the table and get situated, eating together as a family. Belle tells us everything she learned in school. I smile at her and she keeps telling Faye about her teacher.

"She has bright red hair and has blue eyes. She's really nice," she says, her words stopping as she gets sidetracked, wiggling her loose front tooth.

"Is it almost out?" I ask, her head nodding.

She finishes dinner and I have her go change for dance, my arm wrapping around Faye as soon as Belle's gone.

"You tired?" I ask, her head nodding.

"I'll make you tea when I get home and then I'll massage your feet, okay?" I ask, her head nodding.

"Thank you," she whispers, kissing my cheek.

Belle comes into the kitchen in her leotard and shorts, my hand grabbing hers. I drive to her dance studio and walk her in, kissing the top of her head before she goes. I wave to her and drive back home, walking in and seeing Faye laying on the floor with her legs in the air as she does yoga.

"What kind of tea today, baby?" I ask, her feet touching the floor again.

"Raspberry, please," she says, rolling to stand up.

Once up, she sits on the couch and I pour her a mug of tea. Walking over to her, I give her the mug and bring her feet onto my lap.

"What do they have you doing at work?" I ask, her lips releasing a sigh as I start to massage her feet.

"I'm grading papers mostly," she says, my head nodding.

I pull her feet up and kiss her toes, causing her to laugh. Smiling, I move over and kiss her cheek, her hand pushing my head away.

"No, you have foot mouth," she laughs, my hand pulling her closer and kissing her regardless.

"Would you like me to stop?" I ask smiling, her eyes looking into mine.

"No," she says, my lips curving. She kisses me again, her hands grabbing my cheeks.

She stops, her eyes widening and I grab her cheeks. "My water," she pants, my eyes darting to see everything.

I grab her hands and help her stand, walking with her to the laundry room. Once I change her into her shorts, her shoes are placed on her feet and I help her to the car. Her hand grips mine and she calls my mum, asking her to pick Belle up.