Part 16

"The password is Becotide," said Harry when he returned. We made our way through the crowded corridors and staircases until we came to the portrait of the fat lady. "Password?" she asked. "Becotide", I said and the door to the Gryffindor common room swung open.

We hadn't been in the Gryffindor common room in over a year. It was exactly the same as it had been at the end of 6th year, the year Harry, Ron and I decided to go in search of horcruxes instead of returning. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it. I could see that the other two felt the same. It was after all, our home. Where we bonded and became so close. And now,  I honestly felt like I was putting all of that in jeopardy because of the thing I had with Draco. Though I still wasn't too sure what that thing was yet. We hadn't really talked about what we were. Or what we were doing, and we'd really only been alone together three times.

We sat in front of the fire for a while. Savoring the thought of being back here. "I really missed it here." Said Harry. "So did I mate, " said Ron, Its hard to believe that this will officially be our last year here." I thought about that. It made me sad. I really did love it here, my time here flew by. "I know, so I don't know about you guys, but I am going to make the most of it!" replied Harry. Harry had always said that Hogwarts was his home, it was a hard decision to make for him, to choose leaving here, with the possibility of never returning. This gave me hope. Harry wanted to make this year his best one. So did I. Surely they couldn't be mad at me for wanting to be happy? I said goodnight to the two of them and ran up to my dormitory. As we were supposed to graduate last year, we were now officially in the same year as Ginny. So now Ginny and I, along with the Parvati twins, shared a dormitory.

I got ready for bed and climbed in, drawing the curtains around for some privacy. I decided to write a little note for Draco;

Draco,

We need to arrange our next meeting. Once we have our timetables, I'll let you know my free period, and you let me know yours. I'm sure we can work something out. We need to come up with a plan to convince the others you have changed.

Hermione

Now all I needed was to find a way of slipping this note to Draco in the morning!

"I can't believe we are roomies this year!" Ginny squealed as she entered the room. "I know, I can't believe it either! I can't believe I am even here!" I replied. "Are you happy to be back? I mean, I know a lot of people you would have had classes with, or shared this dorm with, aren't here, or didn't return. But are you happy you decided to come back?" She asked me. I smiled at her. "I really am happy. To be here I mean. It was odd, not seeing half the people that I was sorted in first year with, sad really, but I am glad I have a second chance. Besides, we will graduate together!" I replied to her. Ginny was more like the sister I never had rather than a friend. She never held a grudge because me and Ron didn't last, she was just happy that I would still be around. As was I. I loved her so much, she was family really.

"What about you, Ginny? You lost friends this year, roommates, are you coping?" I asked her. "It's hard, like you said being in the Great Hall, and not seeing the people you are used to. The people who didn't have a second chance. It's so unfair. They didn't deserve to die. Colin was my friend, he was in all my classes, and now he's not anywhere." she choked out. I instantly felt bad, but maybe she needed to talk, I hadn't heard her talk much about this. "I know, he had grown on Harry too. I remember in second year, you were both first years, and he spent that whole  year following Harry around for pictures. He bugged Harry so much, but Harry had a kind of respect for him. He was a determined boy, and didn't back down from the bullies. He was like that until the very end. He was brave and kind and he probably saved a lot of lives during the battle." It had turned into a kind of memorial speech unexpectedly, but it seemed to help Ginny. "Yeah, I remember seeing Harry run away from him a few times."Ginny laughed. "Don't worry, Ginny. He will be remembered, and his memory will live on in the castle." She smiled at me and hugged me.

"Anyway, I'm going to get ready for bed, I'll see you in the morning Hermione." And she kissed me on the cheek and went for the bathroom. I took out a book and flicked through it to try and refresh my mind for tomorrow. I had no idea what was first, but I wasn't too worried. I was excited. Excited to be back in the classroom. Excited to see all my old professors again. And most definitely excited to see Draco.