Chapter 7

Y/n's P.O.V

"Hiccup. Hiccup?" I heard Stoick shout out. Searching desperately for his son. Through the ash he spots a silhouette of toothless. He runs to toothless' side. Toothless is roughed up, but conscious. The saddle is scorched. Stoick looks at the sky in despair and falls to his knees at his loss.

"Oh son. I did this" Stoick said. Astrid pushes through the crowd her eyes welling up, followed by Gobber. Toothless' head turns to Stoick groggily.

"I'm so sorry" Stoick said.

Toothless unfolds his wings, revealing hiccup, unconscious. Stoick's eyes widen.

"Hiccup" he said amazed. He scooped hiccup into his arms and listened for his heart beat. He laughed in relief.

"He's alive!" Stoick said.

"You brought him back, alive" he continued towards toothless.

We cheer and the dragons roar. We turned around in surprise. We find ourselves surrounded by them.

I went looking for Fishlegs for a ride home, but he was helping someone else. Okay rude, just leave me here why don't you?  I looked around and I saw a purple deadly Nadder looking at me. It walked towards me. I recalled Hiccup's method and reached my hand out. The Nadder hesitated, looking at me suspiciously, before pressing his nose against my palm. His eyes dilated and didn't look that threatening.

"I'm gonna call you...Spikeshot" I said. I carefully climbed on its back. I held onto the spikes on its head as it didn't have any ropes on it.

I saw the teens lift up into the air and I instructed Spikeshot to follow them. He took flight and flew over to where the other teens where. I flew next to Astrid.

We landed back on Berk. I jumped off spike shot and got a rope. I put it around spike shot.

"Hey Y/n. Is that your dragon" Astrid asked

"Yeah. It is" I replied

"It's a cool looking Nadder. Have you named it" she asked

"Yeah I have. I called him Spikeshot" I said

"Great name. My one is Stormfly" she said

"Wanna fly around the island?" I asked

"Sure" she said. We climbed back onto our dragons. We lifted up into the air. We flew around the mountains and flew to close to the farms. The Vikings shouted at us to be careful, we laughed it off.

"Hey, should we check if Hiccup's up?" She asked

"Sure thing" I said. We landed by the steps that lead up to Hiccup's house.

"Hey look. It's Hiccup!" A Viking shouts. A group of Vikings run over to him.

"Hiccup. How ya doin' mate?" Another Viking asked

"It's great to see you up and about" a third one said. I looked around and saw Astrid was already gone, she'll come back. I'm just gonna make sure the Nadders don't fly away.

"Turns out all we needed was a bit of this" Stoick said

"You just gestured to all of me" Hiccup said playing along.

"Well most of you" Gobber said pushing his way through the crowd.

"That bit's my handiwork. With a little flare of Hiccup thrown in. Think'll do?" Gobber asked.

"I might make a few tweaks" Hiccup replied. Astrid jabs hiccup on the arm. A small smile itched across my face at their interactions. 

"That's for scaring me" she said

"What, is it always gonna be this way, cause I-" Hiccup got cut off by Astrid kissing him. The Vikings around hooted and hollered. My eyes widened as my jaw dropped open. I did not expect Astrid out of all people to do that. For Thor's sake, I expected Gobber to do that before her.

"-could get used to it" Hiccup finished. Gobber came up presenting hiccup with a rebuilt saddle, rigging and tail.

"Welcome home" Gobber said. Toothless unexpectedly jumped on some Vikings. And eyed the tail with his tongue out.

"Night Fury. Get down" Someone shouted.

Hiccup and Astrid ran over to where I was.

"Hey Hiccup. How you doing?" I asked, with a knowing look. Sweat appeared on the boy's face as he itched his neck

"Hey.. uh nothing much - I guess" he said before placing the saddle,rigging and tail on toothless.

I turned and met Astrid's gaze and gave her a smirk before winking, earning an eye roll from her. Astrid climbed onto Stormfly and Hiccup got onto Toothless.

We lifted up into the air and flew around the island. Fishlegs joined us,as well as the twins and Snotlout. Hiccup decided to show off and did a barrel roll and flew higher into the air. I rolled my eyes at his keenness.

______________________________________

End of part 1.

The story isn't finished, don't worry. It's nowhere near as a matter of fact.

What I'm gonna do is. I'm planning on doing a part of where they come up with dragon racing, then httyd2 then a made up bit afterwards.

I'm going to try my hardest to update daily.

Bye!!!