chapter 20

Tuff's P.O.V

*1 week later*

Y/n has woken up. I am so relieved, I was really worried.

I was sitting in Meade hall with the gang, I wasn't really listening to the conversation I was balancing my knife on the table, cause why not? I felt a hand on my  shoulder, I looked up and saw it was y/n.

"You okay?" She asked

"Yeah" I sighed. She raised an eyebrow, then sat next to me.

"You don't seem okay" she said

"I'm just....thinking" I said

"What about?" She asked

"Err....I dunno" I shrugged.

"Well...I'll leave you to thinking about whatever it is" she said smirking. She turned her attention to Fishlegs.

"Hey Fishlegs. Is Spikeshot healthy to fly?" She asked. He looked in her direction.

"Yes. He's with Gobber" he said. She grinned and ran out the hall. She's so cute.

"You gotta tell her" Hiccup said, looking at me with a knowing look.

"Huh" I said, pretending not to understand what he said. 

"You gotta tell her. You're head over heels" he said smirking at me.

"I will when I'm ready" I said fiddling with my fingers.

"What do you mean...'when you're ready'?" Fishlegs asked, looking confused.

"Well I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me in the same way I like her..sooo" I said hinting them. I saw a smile on Astrid's face. Is she really finding this funny?

"You can't say that.." Astrid said, shrugging. 

"What do you mean..?" I asked raising an eyebrow. She put on an innocent smile.

"Don't always put yourself down, you never know what could happen" she said.

Y/n's P.O.V

I ran to Gobber's blacksmith. I looked inside and saw him molding what looks like a dragon tooth.

"Hey Gobber" I said walking in. He turned around and lifted the mask attached to his helmet up.

"Ahh...Y/n. How've you been?" He asked.

"Err...could be better" I said shrugging. Feeling the numbness below my ribs. At least I'm stitched up and no longer bleeding out.

"Well that's good and at least you're better than you were last week" he said

"Hmph...thank Thor" I smiled.

"Well.. What brings you here?" he asked

"Fishlegs told me you have spike shot. Can I go flying with him?" I asked. A smile instantly spread across his crooked mouth, as if he saw something in the distance.

"You'll have to ask Spikeshot that" he said. I heard a huff. I turned around and saw Spikeshot twitching his head and blinking at me.

"Spikeshot! Heya buddy!" I said running over and hugging him.

"Thanks Gobber" I said. He smiled before going back to work.

"How do you feel about going for a fly" I said. His face lit up and he started wagging his tail like a dog.

"That's what I thought" I said. I grabbed an axe, you know. Just in case. Better being safe than sorry, right?

I climbed onto the saddle and put the axe in the slot on the side of the saddle.