chapter 28

Y/n's P.O.V

~ 1 year later ~

This past year has been a blast. Loads of adventures and new people who we have come across.

There haven't been any invasions from beserk or outcast island. They probably got the idea that they can't beat us, or they might invade us in a few years. But we are always a step ahead and we are unbeatable.

The gang has changed a bit as well. Snotlout has decided to finally stop hitting on me and hiccup and Astrid have married and Astrid told me yesterday that they are expecting. Fishlegs is the same geeky dragon know-it-all. Ruff and tuff have obviously not changed.

••••

We decided to all explore the islands, just to see if there are any more dragon breeds that we haven't come across.

Spikeshot flew across the water, dipping his claws into the water causing a trail to form behind. The wind rushed past me, blowing me hair to wave about behind me. I stuck my arms out as the wind rushed past us.

"Y/n. You're gonna fall off" I heard a voice say. I already knew it was tuff. I pulled spikeshot up so that the two dragons were level. I stood up on the saddle.

"What was that?" I asked. He rolled his eyes at me.

"You're gonna fall. I don't feel up to saving you" he said sassily. I smirked at him.

"Suit yourself" I said sticking my tongue out at him and doing a backwards flip off spikeshot and falling through the air.

I could hear spikeshot diving after me. Just as I was about to hit the water, spikeshot appeared next to me and I grabbed onto the handles on my saddle and jumped onto him and he flew into the air again, spinning. He flew back to tuff.

"You know, you're gonna kill me one day, by doing that. I'll get a heart attack and die" he said holding onto his chest dramatically. Spikeshot flew closer to him.

"That's why I do it, duh" I said rolling my eyes.

"Have you ever injured yourself whilst doing these stunts?" He asked.

"Only a few broken bones, that's all" I said.

"Only?" He asked.

"Well, mist of the tricks are quite, shall I say, dangerous, could die whilst doing them" I said.

"Like what" he asked curiously.

"This" I said.

Spikeshot flew away and did a barrel role. I jumped off whilst he span, falling through the air, I turned around facing the sky. Spikeshot did the same, falling above me. As he neared me, I reached my arms out and grabbed onto the handles and he did a loop before flying back into the sky. We flew back towards the zippleback. Spikeshot flipped over so I was hanging upside down, holding onto one handle.

"How was that" I asked.

"You scared the living shit out of me" he breathed. Spikeshot dived a few metres so that we were upright again.

"That's why I do these stunts. To scare people and also to show off" I said.

"C'mere" tuff said. I stood up on spike shot and jumped onto barf and belch. He gave me a kiss on the cheek.

" Hey y/n" ruff said.

"Hey ruff" I said. We did our small handshake thing.

"Can I get a handshake?" Tuff asked.

"Nah" I said. He held onto me.

"Why" he asked.

"Cause you suck, that's why" I said. I smiled mischievously at him before licking his face and jumping onto spikeshot and flying towards the rest of the group. I could hear tuff groan in disgust.