chapter 9

Y/n's P.O.V

We all came back from hiding Meatlug's eggs in people's helmets in their homes. We all met up in the village center.

"Wasn't this a great idea" Astrid asked.

"Uh-huh. Everyone's going to be so surprised!" Fishlegs said excitedly. Just then a house exploded and a baby Gronkle flew out and landed on Fishlegs.

"Ow!" Fishlegs said.

"Surprise!" I said. We all look at the baby Gronkle in awe.

"The eggs explode!?!" Astrid said as a few more houses exploded.

"The eggs explode!!!" She shouted, voice full of panic and regret. A man runs out of his house shouting.

"I'm sorry. Sorry" she said to the man running past. The 'tree' soon caught fire.

"Awesome" Ruffnut said, looking up at the burning wood.

"Wow" Tuffnut said as they admired the blazing Snoggletog 'tree'.

"This is your best idea yet" Snotlout said to Astrid as more houses around us exploded.

"What in Thor's name is going on!?!" Stoick said rushing out.

"The eggs explode" Astrid said nervously before a house exploded behind us.

........

"Ah, Gobber. This is a disaster" Stoick said.

"Ah, it's not so bad" Gobber replied.

"Oh, not that bad?  The village is destroyed. The dragons have gone and left us. Let's face it - this holiday is a complete -- What are these people looking at?" Stoick said looking at the people who were looking at the sky. I looked up and saw the head of a dragon boat floating in the sky, and some shimmering figures in the sky.

"What is that?" he asked. The figure comes closer and I can see it is a bit being carried by dragons.

"Its Hiccup" I stated.

"With our dragons!" Astrid exclaimed, standing on the roof of a house that she was repairing. We all cheer. The boat lands on the ground and baby dragons spill out.

"Spikeshot. You came back" I said as he ran up to me.

"Yeah! Woo-hoo!" Snotlout said running towards Hookfang.

"MEATLUG!" Fishlegs shouted tackling her.

"Stormfly! You're back! Oh! And there are babies!" Astrid said. I walked over to her and looked at the adorable baby Nadders.

"Haha. Well done, son!" Stock said.

"Thanks, Dad!" Hiccup said.

"Everyone! Grab your dragons! To the Great Hall! We finally have something to celebrate!" Stoick said.

.....

*later on in the great hall*

Everyone was celebrating with their dragons and their babies. Hiccup was looking around.

"Hiccup, I know this must be really hard for you seeing everyone with their dragons. But you really did a wonderful thing. Thank you." Astrid said kissing him.

"Astrid, where did Toothless go?" Hiccup asked.

"I don't know" she replied. I heard the door open. I looked around and saw Toothless creep in. Astrid spots Toothless.

"Wow, man, I wouldn't wanna be you right now! I mean you brought back everyone's dragon except yours!" Astrid stated.

"Yeah, you know, this is not helping, at all" Hiccup said. Astrid excitedly turned Hiccup around so he was facing Toothless. His face instantly lit up.

"Toothless! Hey bud!" Hiccup said before running over to him and hugging him.

"Stoick!" Gobber said to him and gestured towards Hiccup and Toothless.

"Bad dragon! Very bad dragon! You scared me to death. Don't ever stay away that long again, and what is in your mouth?" Hiccup asked. Toothless put Hiccup's saliva covered helmet on Hiccup's head. We groaned in disgust.

"Yeah, you found my helmet. What-hey! You found my helmet! That's where you've been? Buddy, thank you! You are amazing!" Hiccup said before hugging Toothless again.

"Happy Snoggletog!" Astrid said.