chapter 27

Y/n's P.O.V

Today was Thor's day. It was a big celebration celebrated on Berk each year, there are some shows, bonfires, you name it.

There was going to be a dragon race today as well, I mean, who doesn't love dragon races?

I finished putting the face paint on spikeshot, it was light blue and purple stripes down his nose, along his wings and around his eyes. I put some stripes along my cheeks, on my chin and forehead.

I heard a bell ringing, warning people that the dragon race will start soon.

"Come on spikeshot" I said walking out if my barn. As u was walking along with spikeshot, I felt someone pull me back by the waste. Not long afterwards, feeling a pair of lips on mine. I smiled and put my hands on his shoulders, tuff put his around d my waist. I pulled away.

"Hello to you too" I giggled. He smiled at the sound of my laugh.

"Tuff, c'mon, we need to win this race" I heard ruff say approaching us.

He got onto barf and belch. I jumped onto spikeshot's back.

"Watch out y/n, you're gonna get your ass kicked" ruff smirked.

"Good luck with that" I smiled mischievously and spikeshot blasted into the sky. I saw the other riders waiting at the start line.

I lined up next to fishlegs. The stands were full of people cheering for who they were supporting.

Before we knew it the race started, hiccup zooming past obviously.

"Come on boy, let's show 'em what we've got" I said and spikeshot flew past the others.

We tailed toothless, who was about to pick up the white sheep, until spikeshot surprisingly sped up quicker than I knew he could and dived down and I snatched the sheep before toothless could get it. We flew away and I could hear a groan. Couldn't tell if it was toothless or hiccup, probably both.

As we neared the basket, I saw snotlout on one side of me and fishlegs on the other. I stood up and as we neared the wooden plank, I grabbed the sheep and jumped off spikeshot and throwing the sheep in my basket, earning cheers from my supporters. I saw spikeshot hovering below the plank, maybe 10 feet. I jumped off the plank, landing on the saddle. The landing was not comfortable.

A few minutes later the scores were, me with 4, hiccup with 2, Astrid with 2 and the twins, snotlout and fishlegs with 0.

I flew around and saw the twins fighting over who holds the sheep, the sheep looked like it wanted to kill them, I laughed to myself. I got an idea, I told spikeshot my plan.

I jumped onto the rear back of the zippleback, the dragon noticed, but not the twins. Spike shot flew over them, catching their attention, they started laughing. I looked at spikeshot in the eye and gave him a nod.

I ran up quickly from behind them and grabbed the sheep and dived towards the sea, spikeshot dived down and caught me, too close to the water. He shot up and flew past the zippleback again. The twins groaned.

"Who's laughing now" I smirked lifting my eyebrows slightly.

We zoomed past them, I looked behind me and saw them attempting to catch up with me. We got to the nets and strongly was flying quickly towards us.

"Spikeshot, quickly barrel roll" I said.

Spikeshot started spinning and I dropped the sheep into my net and we flew past. I heard her groan. This actually quite a good race for us. There's a possibility I could win for once.