Chapter 24

^^^^ Einar  ^^^^^

Y/n's P.O.V

We landed back on Berk. I jumped off fire strike. The guard jumped off fire strike afterwards.

"thanks for the ride, y/n" he said. I smiled.

"err... What's you're name?" I asked

"Einar. It means I fight alone"he said looking at me flirtatiously.

"nice" I said. I took the weapons out of fire strikes saddle and put them in my room quickly.

When I came back outside, I saw that Einar was still there.

"you know, you're a really good at dragon riding. Man, I wish I was that good" he said. Is he flirting?

"I can teach you, if you want"I said.

"I'd love that. Then we could go on flights just the two of us"he said. Okay.. Then..

"and I could become a better rider than you"he said. Why is that important?

I rolled my eyes and called fire strike over, he trotted over and 'accidentally' hit Einar with his tail.

I put the bucket of fish in front of him and he threw himself at it. Pig.

"hey, could we start now?" he asked.

"start what"I asked.

"the dragon training "he said.

"I guess"I said and started walking towards firestrike with him following. I got on and he stood next to me.

"what are you waiting for, get on"I said. He looked at me confused.

"I thought we were gonna do dragon training" he said.

"we are, you need a dragon of course, so we gonna go find one" i said, he hesitated.

"Whats wrong, got another plan"I asked.

"I was thinking that I could use this one"he said.

"if you used this one, what dragon would I use"I asked.

"well, you can tame dragons, so I thought you'd just get another one".  He said. Does he know anything!?

"firstly, you can't just 'get' a dragon, and secondly, this is my dragon, finders keepers"I said. He muttered something before climbing on. He wrapped his arms around my waist as we flew, I felt a bit uncomfortable.

Tuff's P.O.V

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I just don't trust him.

I've been watching y/n and the guard ever since they met. He's flirting with her, I don't like that. He needs to stop.

Why does y/n need to be so nice?

Well at least firestrike doesn't like him.

"tuff. What are you doing?" Astrid said looking at me.

"nothing, I'm doing nothing" I said, she narrowed her eyes at me then they widened seconds later.

"are you eavesdropping?" she asked.

"pfft, no... Well, maybe... Not...... Yes" I stammered.

"why? " she asked.

"I'm worried"I sighed

"why are you worried"she asked.

"have you seen him, he's way better looking than I am, stronger and he's flirting with her. I-im scared she'll leave me for him"I said. She put her hand in my shoulder.

"tuff. Calm down, stop worrying, she won't leave you, she really likes you. Relax"she said.

".. Okay"I sighed. She walked off. I can't relax, not when he's here. I looked back around and saw them fly off. Where are they going?

Y/n's P.O.V

We were walking in the forest, looking for a dragon.

"found one!"he said, it was a blood red monstrous nightmare. He walked straight up to it and said "hey" to it. I smoked my head. The dragon growled.

"that is not how you tame a dragon, idiot!" I said. He stepped back. I dropped all my weapons. And stuck my hand out, I looked it in the eye and slowly moved forward.  The dragon hesitated, but soon came to senses and placed his nose on my hand. I motioned for Einar to come over, slowly. He obeyed. I trapped his hand and placed it on the dragons nose.

"there ya go"I said. The dragon looked him in the eye.

"what do I do now?"he asked.

"climb on!" I said.

"what!? " he said.

"you heard me, climb on, oh, wait a sec"I said and ran over to firestrike, I got a rope from his saddle and walked towards the dragon, I wrapped it around the dragon.

"now get on " I said. He did so and grabbed onto the ropes. The dragon shot into the sky, I could hear him screaming. I rolled my eyes.

I walked over to firestrike and jumped on. He launched into the sky and we caught up with the dragon. Firestrike told the dragon to follow him, it obeyed.

"what are ya gonna name him? " I asked.

"how do you know what gender it is? "he asked.

"I just know, now, name"I said. He thought for a while.

"how about, death metal"he said patting its head. Odd name, but okay..

We landed back in the town and I jumped off firestrike and Einar jumped off 'death metal'.

It was hungry, so I walked to the hall, I saw the gang sitting down. I grabbed my food and sat next to Astrid, it was the only space left.

I felt someone tap my shoulder, I looked around. Einar, I scooted over. As get sat down. Everyone was talking to him, well, except tuff.. Whats up with him? He seems a bit off today. I'll talk to him later.

Everyone started to walk out, Einar was talking to fishlegs, who was showing him where he was staying.

I was the last out of the hall, I saw tuff walking around the village aimlessly.

I decided that I'll talk to him now. I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and looked at me.

"hey"he said

"hey"I said

"Whats up"he asked

"err.. I wanted to talk to you" I said. He looked at me

"about what?" he asked

"are you okay?" I asked. He looked at me confused.

"yeahh.. Why wouldn't I be?" he asked.

"I don't know, its just you seem a but off today. Are you sure you're okay?"I asked.

"yeah. I'm fine"he said with no emotion. I wasn't convinced.

"cause if you're not, you can talk to me-"he cut me off

"I'm fine okay!  Can't you just leave me alone! " he suddenly shouted before walking off. I was shocked, he's never shouted at me like that, or at all. Yeah, I should have left him alone.