chapter 10

Y/n's P.O.V

*four years later*

Things have changed around Berk. We have made dragon stables, feeding stations and water tanks in case of a fire.

We have invented an exciting event. Dragon Racing. I love it. The rules are: you have to collect as many sheep as possible and throw them into the nets, after a while the black sheep is released. A white sheep is worth 1 point, a black sheep is worth 10 points. If you get it into your net. You win.

I was touching up on my face paint. I decided to go for the colours dark blue and purple, I had blue and purple stripes on my cheeks, three on my chin and one long and two slightly shorter on my forehead. My face paint is way better than Fishlegs's, his looks like a target sign.

Us teens have changed a bit as well. We have all changed from our older thin-woven clothing, especially Hiccup. He's made this flight suit, I think it looks awesome.

I have upgraded Spikeshot's saddle. I have little pockets to store stuff in. I have handles, obviously. I no longer use a bow and arrow, it got burnt when we were defending Berk from the Berserkers. It was also wooden; fire and wood, not a good combination. I have this really cool axe instead.

Hiccup and Astrid are dating. Fishlegs and Snotlout are fighting over Ruffnut. I feel so sorry for her, but at the same time I am glad it is not me that Snotlout is desperately flirting with, because I would literally set myself on fire. I do find Fishlegs flirting with Ruffnut very entertaining as he is not at all smooth, which makes the whole situation very entertaining. Although I might call myself a hypocrite, as I can barely talk to the other twin, Tuffnut, without getting flustered. I became aware of this problem a few months ago, and since then I tried to distance myself from him in order to calm my feelings down. Unfortunately, that is not very possible, as us dragon riders spend most of our days together. As well as the fact that now Astrid spends most of her days with Hiccup, Ruff is the only other girl in our group and sometimes you just need a girl with you to get through your days.

Anyway, I quickly tied my hair into a French braid before I walked out into the arena and met up with the other teens, or shall I say most; Hiccup was missing. We all got onto our dragons.

Gobber stood by the entrance, he raises his wooden hand into the air. We all got ready to shoot into the air. He jerked it down and we were off into the sky.

We flew around the island. Fishlegs was in the lead. He went down and collected a sheep. He flew around the stadium.

"Whooo!" Fishlegs cheers. Snotlout swoops down and snatches the sheep.

"Ho-Ho. I'm sorry Fishlegs! Did you want that?" Snotlout taunted. 

"Snotlout that was mine!" He screams in response. Snotlout went to the back and threw it towards Ruffnut.

"Here ya go, babe" Snotlout said towards Ruffnut. She snatches it and grumbles. Ugh, boys.

"Did I tell you, you look amazing today. Cause you do" he said, giving her the look.

"Ugh, come on Barf. It's starting to stink around here" she said with disgust. A highly amused smile stretched across my mouth at Snotlout's failed flirts. He looked at me and gave me a warning look.

"Nope. Still hates you. Let's blow this place Belch. Alright!" Tuffnut says as the stand explodes.

"Ha-ha. That's nine for the twins. Y/n with 5. Astrid lags with 3. Snotlout and Fishlegs tail with none" Stoick cheers. Oh I forgot to mention. I have always been good at this event. Ever since we started racing. When it comes to flying, a competitive spark ignites within me, making me determined to win anything.

I eye the empty basket with the black Night Fury painted above it. Where is he?

"and Hiccup is.....nowhere to be found" Stoick finished.

"Scared him off with the big talk, hey Stoick" Gobber joked.

"What are you doing, Snotlout. They're going to win now" I heard Astrid say.

"She's my princess. What ever she wants, she gets" Snotlout commented.

"Ruffnut? Didn't she try to bury you alive?" Astrid asked

"Only for a few hours" he stated.

I dived down and scooped up a sheep. The twins were on my tail getting close. I flew over the nets and threw it in.

"I think it's time Gobber" I heard Stoick say. I got ready.

"Righty-ho! Last lap!" I was in 2nd place so far. I was determined to get the black sheep.

"The black sheep! Come on Spikeshot! We can still win this thing!" I said patting his head.

"Come on Barf"

"Let's go" the twins said

"Come on Meatlug" Fishlegs said.

Gobber loaded the black sheep into the catapult.

"This is your big moment. Have a nice flight!" Gobber said to the sheep and launched it into the air. Fishlegs was at the front. He was closing in on it.

I close in on him. He grabs the sheep and flew back, towards Ruffnut. He gave her the black sheep.

"Here you go darling. Mines worth ten!" He said. Will these boys ever get a hint?

"I'm totally winning" Ruffnut said

"Were winning together" Fishlegs said. She pushed him away.

"Woo-hoo! No one can stop me now!" Ruffnut said

"Except me. We're attached, genius! Stop trying---" Tuff started. He grabbed the black sheep.

"Hey" Ruffnut shouted, trying to grab the black sheep back into her procession.

"---to steal my glory" Tuff finished. They started to play tug of war with the sheep.

I was in front of them so I looped up in the air, and dived straight down, between Barf and Belch and snatched the sheep. I zoomed off towards the nets, shouting a smug 'thanks' to the shocked twins.

"Whoa!" Tuffnut spoke, in shock at the sudden twist in events that his glory had been taken away.

"Y/n!!!" Ruffnut shouted. I looked back playfully looking at them, giving a mock salute.

I encountered the nets. I stood up on my saddle with the sheep in my hands, ready to throw it.come on!

As it left my grasp. Astrid dived and tossed it into her net.ugh, come on!!!

"Astrid!!!" I shouted. The crowd erupted in cheering. She flew towards them high-fiving them. I collapsed on the saddle.

"Good job, boy. We almost had it" I said towards spike shot.

I dived down towards the stream, spike shot skimmed his wings along it, ripples following from behind. Maybe next time.