chapter 15

Y/n's P.O.V

Hiccup locks Toothless' tail. Toothless passes by Drago.

"Ha-ha-ha" Drago said before gasping.

He noticed Toothless is flying upside-down, his blind-fold falling away, and without Hiccup on his saddle.

He turns around and Hiccup is flying towards him and surrounds Drago with Zippleback gas and lights it. Drago falls off the Alpha, his bull hook landing just out of reach.

Hiccup glides towards the Alpha's tail.

"Not again. Toothless, it's now or never! Come on, bud!" Hiccup shouted. Toothless uses his split tail fins to catch Hiccup.

"Hold on!" Hiccup says. They miss the tail. "Yeah-ha! We did it!" Hiccup cheered. Hiccup stops Drago from grabbing his bull hook by throwing his flaming sword.

"Hold him there, Toothless! It's all over now" Hiccup said towards Drago.

"Or is it?" Drago said

"Oh, no!" Hiccup muttered.

The Alpha breathes ice at Hiccup, but Toothless dives in.

"No! No! Hiccup" Valka said running towards the ice.

Valka tries to break the ice. The ice starts to glow. She instantly backed away and broke into a run.

The ice breaks and Toothless and Hiccup are both alive. Toothless is glowing electric blue. Toothless roars a challenge at the Alpha.

"He's challenging the Alpha!" Hiccup said in disbelief

"To protect you!" Valka said

Toothless fires at the Alpha, whose tusks smash the icicle Toothless was perching on, but Toothless jumps back and fires again. The Alpha loses concentration and control of the other dragons. Toothless tells them to come and fight.

"No, no, no, no! No! Fight back! Fight! Fight! What's the matter with you?!" Drago shouted angrily.

"Now do you get it? This is what it is to earn a dragon's loyalty. Let this end. Now" Hiccup said now on top of toothless.

"Never! Come on!" Drago ordered.

Toothless directs all the dragons to open fire on Drago's Bewilderbeast.

"fight!" Drago ordered the Bewilderbeast.

Drago loses his prosthetic arm. Toothless fires one more shot, and the Bewilderbeast loses one of his tusks. Toothless roars in triumph, and the Bewilderbeast bows respectfully.

"The Alpha protects them all!" Hiccup said

The Bewilderbeast leaves, and everyone cheers. The dragons bow to Toothless, the new Alpha. Toothless roars in victory, and the dragons join in.

The dragons came back to their riders. I slipped out of Fishleg's hold and stumbled forward, holding onto the side of a house as the dragons descend onto the ground, reuniting with their owners.

"Stormfly!" Astrid said running towards her dragon.

"Oh, give me a cuddle, Grumpy!" Gobber said towards his grumpy dragon as it threw itself onto him. My lips turned up in amusement.

"Who's my little princess!" Fishlegs says as Meatlug lands in the distance with Hookfang next to her. Ruffnut holds her arms out for Fishlegs and Snotlout, but they run past her. Awkward.

"Don't you ever leave again, Hookfang!" Snotlout said rubbing his dragon.

"Oh, you are. Yes, you are. I missed you!" Fishlegs said towards his dragon.

"Oh, Barf! Not you" Ruff said, pushing belch away which Tuffnut held

I stayed in my position, as I felt too weak to walk. My vision started to spin again. I controlled my breathing, making sure I got as much air into my lungs as possible. My vision cleared slightly, but I knew it was not temporary. My gaze focused on the purple Nadder that started to approach me, a smile erupting on my face.

"Spikeshot! C'mere buddy!" I said as he ran towards me and I embraced him. Spikeshot noticed my fragile state and let out a coo, giving me a concerned look. I simply rubbed his nose, to reassure him.

"That was some pretty fine dragon wrangling back there. You'd make a good trapper" I heard Eret say towards the other riders.

"You know, Skullcrusher is going to need someone to look after him now" Hiccup said, I let go of Spikeshot, turning around to face the ex dragon trapper.

"Me? I'd be honored" Eret said stroking Skullcrusher's snout.

"Your father, he'd be every bit as proud as I am" Valka said.

"Thank you, I'm really glad you're here, mum" Hiccup said.

"And here I'll stay" Valka continued.

"See? I told you it was in here" Astrid said and opens Hiccup's gliding suit fin.

"Ah-ha, still doing that one. That's hilarious. Come here, you" Hiccup said before kissing Astrid. I smirked at the pair, thinking back to when they kissed after Hiccup's first near-death experience.

"Ooh" Gobber said, covering a boy's eyes.

Gothi taps Hiccup's shoulder and gestures for him to kneel. She uses coal to draw the Chief symbol on Hiccup's forehead.

"The Chief has come home!" Gobber said and everyone cheered.

"Long live Chief Hiccup! Long live the Chief! Long live the Chief! Long live the Chief! Long live the Chief!" Everyone chants. The dragons fire into the sky.

...

*A few weeks later*

I raced around the corner on Spikeshot's back. I can win this time, just no distractions.

A white sheep was thrown into the air, Spikeshot caught it successfully and dropped it in our net. The horn went off and the back sheep was released, I looked towards the great hall and saw some Vikings sculpturing Stoick into the mountain. I smiled before turning back to the action of the race.

Astrid flew past me and the back sheep came into view. I was behind her closing in, as she closed in on the black sheep. Just as Stormfly was about to grasp it. Toothless snatches it and flies forward. I laugh, of course.

We fly faster, but its too late, Hiccup dropped the sheep into one of the nets. Not his net, Astrid's net. Astrid, yet again, sort of, wins a dragon race. again.