Chapter Two (Part 1)

"May you come to understand that your open eyes deceive you. What you see is but a fraction of what is. Beyond the veil of this dimension, you will see that you have never arrived. You have never departed. There is no beginning or end to that which is you."

-Teal Scott

_____________________________

Adeline

Boom.

Thump.
Thump.

Boom.

Thump.
Thump.

Boom.

What is that noise? The sound was lingering in my ears, it flutters, stops then continues. It feels like a thousand needles have entered my head, piercing through my skin and settling on my brain.

Forcing my heavy eyelids to function, I try opening my eyes but there thick with dried tears. I sit up which makes the sound in my head slow, only to finally realize it was my heartbeat.

Wait. This is not my room or even my house for that matter, neither does it appear to be a hospital unless it was gothic themed.

It was a room twice the size of my own at home, decorated with antique looking furniture, red paint dripping from the walls making it look more wicked than innocent. A door is directly to my left which is closed and a door to my front also closed. What looks like a wardrobe took up space in the corner, realizing that a light wasn't on I reach over to turn on the bedside lamp.
The bed that I was laying on was soft but firm, plush red blankets, matching the walls, clung to my body.

Narrowing my blue eyes as I look down, yes my very naked body, I lift the covers up to my neck glaring at everything. I want to burn a hole in whoever brought me here and stripped me of my clothing. A light appears under the door just in front of me, I could hear voices on the other side as I leaned slightly forward to better hear them.

"She is healing, Master. As quickly as her new form can take. Please be patient." The voice sounded feminine but had a breathless hissing sound elongating her words. My, my new form, what could she mean by that?

"I want her awake now or else I'll have your head Meeksha!" This time, the voice was male, he sounded distraught and whoever was on the receiving side of his shouting; I felt truly scared for them.

As I listen intently to the voices outside, I couldn't help but recognize one of the voices, definitely not the females but the man who was shouting. I gasp as goosebumps raise across my skin, everything rushes me all at once, flashes of the speeding truck and the sounds of my screams, then I see a face. I start to hyperventilate, trying to catch my breath I inhale and exhale slowly. I died, well I was surely not dead but I should not be here right now. No, not at all, I mean I was hit by a fucking truck, no one could just walk away unscathed from something so severe.

I tore the covers from my body, observing my nakedness, no scratches, no bruises, nothing. I wiggle my toes watching as they move wildly, no broken bones, touching my head I press down forcefully, no tenderness let alone a concussion.

Did I dream the whole thing, am I delusional? Insane? Was I somehow drugged, did these people drug me then kidnap me?

The door started to open, quickly I reach the comforter to cover my body from these strangers entering the room.

Releasing a terrifying shout, I find myself scurrying backward, my back hits the hard edges of the bed frame. A woman or at least I think it was a woman entered first, her skin resembled that of a snake, scaly and somewhat shined a purplish red color. I watch with intense fear as she folds her arms, her long black fingers disappearing in the folds of her red dress. Her steps were silent probably do to the fact she had no shoes on, they matched her nails, curved, black, and sharp.