Chapter Ten

"Revenge is barren of itself: it is the dreadful food it feeds on; its delight is murder, and its end is despair."

- Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller

_____________________________

Death

Finally, Harbinger spoke. "I'm afraid it might be the other fragments of the piece you already found."

Of course, it is.

"What of the location?"

"It lies in the city of Vienna."

"Uhh, Austria how wonderful, did you pinpoint the exact location Harbinger."

"The Imperial Treasury, Hofburg Palace Master. It is kept deep within the palace, guarded heavily I'm afraid."

"Why is it being guarded?" It was nothing but a small piece of an object, yes it held a massive quantity of power but humans did not sense this energy.

"I have not found the reason, the only conclusion I believe it to be a holy relic. This church and the one from the last, are preserving an ancient object they believe to have power in their own belief. If I possess this second piece I will be able to read the engraving, it may well answer that question."

"We will have to find out, so I'll be searching for the third piece and we can finally end this. Do you think you can retrieve it with Sovereign or will I have to assist you."

"Of course Master." He sounded somewhat offended but the longer we stay on the holy ground, the weaker we become.

"Go then report back to me when you've obtained the relic." I had no time for hurt pride, we needed this to be dealt with or we will have a bigger problem on our hands one I do not wish to clean up.

"Yes, Master." He turned to leave, they both disappear inside the portal, leaving behind Valfalls.

She stands ready for orders, "Valfalls I need you to collect more Reapers, I'm afraid we don't have enough, we have to make up for the time we've lost."

No reapers, mean no souls are being passed over, it is not acceptable at all for my line of work.

"It will be handled thoroughly and effectively, Master." I watch as she leaves, her graceful steps carrying her effortlessly.

Now let's see if I can locate this other piece, this should be quite interesting.

I throw my scythe across the room with a shout, water following alongside it as it is tossed everywhere, the scythe embeds itself into the wall of my office with a loud thud.

"Daxt!" I howled my voice booming, not only heard here but every surrounding plain.

After waiting for several minutes for the demon I was clearly past my limits of waiting. My desk became a crumpled mess as my fists came down on it.

While searching for the bloody relic, I tried to portal into numerous areas, trying to locate the damn thing, while summoning a door I thought of a certain pair of blue eyes. She crossed my mind for an instant, instead of walking into Italy I was dumped into the fucking pacific ocean.