Chapter Thirteen

"When you dance with the devil, the devil doesn't change. The devil changes you."

-Amanda Hocking

_____________________________

Adeline

The power that radiated off of this man convinced me that he said who he said he was, I shuffled back on shaking limbs.

I found it hard to breath as I lay on the warm floor, you would think it was because Lucifer was standing not two feet away but it wasn't. It was this place, where ever it was, the air was heavy with not only heat but something else, something I couldn't place   

"You must be Adeline Winters, I've heard lots about you." I'm starting to feel like this was a bad idea, where was Bast.

His red fiery eyes scanned over my body, I felt myself shiver. "I've heard lots about you too." I sputtered out.

He smiled, chuckling lightly, "Witty, I love it. Come, I promise to behave." I tried seeing past his English charm and remember who stood in front of me.

Swallowing I stood, dusting off ashbthat clung to my jeans. The place we were in wasn't a place at all just this black void of nothing, I wasn't even sure how I was seeing him right now.

As he turn, he slowly started to disappear into the darkness, I scrambled after him, trying to keep up with his long legs, I wouldn't want to get lost in here.

Out of thin air, a hallway appeared, lights flickered on as we walked further down the hall, heat came off of the lamps as they exploded with fire, a short groan resonated from the metal candelabra, they gave the impression of being alive.

Reaching the end of the hall was nothing but darkness but Lucifer continued to glide on silent feet, as he did a room appeared. I stop only gawk at this place, a vaulted ceiling with glass windows was high above us with no sky to light the room, just darkness. As I tore my gaze away from the magic appearing roof, I watched as a large black couch materialized in front of me, along with a matching chair. He stood with his hand on his chin seeming to think, he snapped his fingers as if rememebering, only now a table and a fireplace appeared just as he was about to sit in the chair.

"How did you do all this, nothing was here before." I touched the black wall beside me, thinking my hand would go straight through but it didn't, my hand met solid concrete.

He seemed amused by my curiosity, "I let you see what I want you to, think of anything and I can give you what you wish."

I bit my lip, the only thing I could think of right now was water.

"Then you will have it, raise out your hand." I did as he said and in seconds a glass of water was placed on the palm of my hand.

I gripped it not wanting it to fall as I brought the cold liquid to my lips, I had finished it in one gulp. "Thank you." I muttered.

He gestured to the couch, "Sit." He sat it the recliner, his long leg sat folded over the other.

Not wanting to be rude I sat opposite of him, sitting on the black sofa, the empty glasses refilled as I waited for him to speak.

"Now what brings you here Adeline and do not say you don't know. I get easily tired of insolent comments."

I gulped down the water before speaking, forcing myself to face his fiery gaze, "I want to know if this can be undone, me becoming a succubus."

His head tilted to the side, a wide grin spreading across his pale complexion, "How strange I usually do not recieve such forthcoming of requests, may I ask why?" He leaned forward slightly, seeming to take in every inch of my face.