Chapter Twenty Six

"Understand me I'm not like an ordinary world, I have my madness, I live in another dimension and I do not have time for things that have no soul."

-Charles Bukowski

__________

Adeline

Is she serious? Are all my childhood fantasies coming true right now? She said Fey, as in frilly creatures with green and blue skin, pointy ears, and magic. I've read hundreds of books about the fey, hoping one day as a child they might be real and here I was standing outside a freaking fairy door.

I want to believe they were as mischievous and as good hearted as the books but I highly doubt any of them will be as kind. Now that I think about it, they weren't so kind in the books either.

"So, how do we do this? Is there like some chant or something, a mystical object that needs to be placed somewhere." I have no idea what I'm talking about, this is all coming from fantasy books I've read as a freshman. I guess I'm a little rusty.

Bast shrugs, "I told you, I'm as clueless as you. I don't like the fey, nor do I mess with them. This warlock has a sick sense of humor for making us come this way."

As sick as Calio, the club demon, I highly doubt that but until we have met this warlock we will never know.

"What if we just touch it?" I suggested.

She shrugs but still follows my lead toward the gate. The crackling branches move as we do, following our footsteps as we circle the gate that appears to be a bunch of moving green snakes and brown snakes. The green leaves intertwine with one another, becoming thicker and stronger; I have a feeling these things won't take kindly to one of us chopping it down.

Several minutes pass before one of us actually does something and that someone is me, "You know what," I rush the gate, standing just before it, I spread my arms wide and yell, "My name is Adeline, I want passage to your land of the fey!" I felt kind of ridiculous standing there with my arms wide but something had to be done.

"You are absolutely insane." She hissed. I feel her grab my arm, trying to pull me away from the gate but she stops when we see the branches and vines move to the center of the large circle like door.

I glance behind me, throwing her a sly grin before turning back to the door, "I'm smarter." I quipped.

"I am not so sure Halfling," I turn to the newcomer, bumping into Bast as she too swivels around. "Two demons at a fey gate, seems to be one for the books and not even a full one at that."

I narrow my eyes at the obvious fey. His light brown hair wasn't what gave him away but his obvious pointed ears sticking out from his mane. The elf's ears were fashioned with a silver hoop; it did not go well with his modern clothing. Although he is fey, I have to admit he's sort of cute, definitely a bad guy look that belonged in one of those books.

"You definitely aren't a warlock, who are you?" Bast said questioningly.

He smiles, I would have believed anyone if they said they had been bleached; I mean no one gets their teeth that pristinely white.

He is fey. He can open the door. The sound of the succubus talking catches me off guard.

She has no reason to help me, so I ask her exactly why the sudden intrusion, why would you tell me that?

I am done fighting with you, she replies dully. She makes it seem like I want to fight with her, like I was the bad guy.

I didn't know what to say, a part of me wanted to believe her but she was a creature that was made to manipulate and conceive secret endeavors. Most of all she was living. Anything living or dead wants to be alive, she could say anything just to get me where she needed me. On the wrong side.