:: Thirty

:: T H I R T Y ::

| CHECK OUT THE SHORT EDIT OF LUKE AND ELLIE THAT I MADE! | 

| IGNORE MICHAEL IN IT THOUGH |

After collapsing onto the bed and falling into a peaceful sleep the previous night, Ellie woke up feeling refreshed for once in her life than her usual groggy mornings. She rushed to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, washed her face, completed all necessities and pulled on some clothes – black high-waist skinny jeans and the black Asking Alexandria crop top she bought the previous day along with her high-tops.

Braiding her hair to the side, she trudged out the room, phone in hand. She strolled the short distance to Ashton's house with All Time Low's Something's Gotta Give playing through her earphones and while waiting for someone to open the door after three knocks, she looked around the garden remembering all the times they pretended it was their kingdom.

She didn't realize she was smiling until she looked back at the door and was faced with a confused looking Ashton. She removed her earphones and threw him a questioning look.

"What are you smiling about?" He chuckled.

"Just remembered the times we used to think this was our kingdom," she laughed as she walked in and removed her high-tops.

"That was so lame," Ashton giggled as he led Ellie to the basement.

"How could you?" Ellie exclaimed with a gasp and a hand to her chest. "You and Calum were my knights in shining armor!"

"Ellieeee!" A voice called out before a body flung itself onto her, causing both of them to crash onto the carpeted floor.

"Dammit, Calum!" Ellie groaned as she pushed the heavy boy off of her. "If you keep doing that, I'll end up in a wheelchair in no time," she grunted and then turned her face to Ashton and said, "Forget about him being my knight in shining armor back then."

"Sorry," Calum giggled before getting off her and standing up.

Ellie saw a hand reaching down and she looked up at the owner. "Thanks for stopping Mr. Cal Pal there without letting him crush me," Ellie said sarcastically but took hold of Luke's hand and he chuckled as he pulled her up.

"He was way too fast," Luke said acting innocent and placed a kiss on her temple.

"Oh, shut up," Ellie said with a roll of her eyes and a smile.

"What's this about Calum being your knight in shining armor? I thought I was the one and only Sir Luke," Luke said with a pout and puppy eyes.

"Of course you're my one and only," Ellie cooed and pinched his cheeks. "I didn't know you as kids or you could've been my knight in shining armor then itself."

"Okay enough cheesiness!" Calum shook his head. Ellie glared at him.

Ellie looked behind her, confused as to why Ashton had led her there, and an unstoppable gasp escaped her lips. A drum kit stood there surrounded by wires thrown around carelessly, a Cajon and a couple of guitars placed against the wall.

A smiley Luke stepped in front of her and said, "Looks good, huh?"

Ellie nodded, her mouth still agape, and Luke asked her to sit on the couch facing the instruments which she did without asking any questions. Calum and Luke then started setting up their guitars while Ashton got comfortable on his seat and picked up his drumsticks, swirling them mindlessly.