:: Six

Vote/ Comment if you liked this please! :) 

:: S I X :: 

As Luke stood there fuming, Ellie could feel the eyes of the people in the café burning holes in her. Or maybe it was the embarrassment or anger. No, it was probably both.

“I’m really sorry about this mess.” Ellie started apologizing to the café owner, Mrs. Allison. “Someone can’t seem to control himself.” She said standing up and shooting Luke a glare making him look down sheepishly at the mess on the floor. Coffee was all over the floor and the mug was in pieces along with the plate with the half eaten croissant which was now all soggy.

“It’s alright.” Mrs. Allison smiled warmly. “I have kids about your age so I know what they go through.” She said and then she called over one of the waiters to clean up.

“Thank you, Mrs. Allison.” Ellie said as relief washed over her. Mrs. Allison nodded shooting a smile before walking back into the kitchen.

Ellie took a deep breath and turned to face Luke who stood there awkwardly amongst the mess looking guilty. “We need to talk.” She muttered under her breath as she grabbed his hand and dragged him outside, away from the judgmental looks being thrown at them by the people in the café.

“Listen here. I’m sorry Luke but I can’t keep doing this anymore if all you’re going to do is shut me out and lash out on me. Either you have to sort yourself out or let me help. Or else I’m out because I just can’t take all this.” She said as she waved her hands about. She was frustrated. She didn’t have the patience to deal with Luke and his shit. She didn’t know what was wrong with him but if he couldn’t tell her then that was his problem.

“I – I’m sorry.” Luke sighed his expression turning sad. Ellie’s expression softened as she watched the boy trying to compose himself.

“Is there anything you want to tell me Luke?” she asked softly. “You can tell me anything. I’ll listen.”

Luke nodded and said, “I guess I have a lot to tell you. Tomorrow. I’ll… I’ll tell you a story.”

Ellie smiled at Luke making him smile back. Ellie felt something hop in her heart surprising her once again. She nodded and headed home leaving Luke staring after her contemplating whether he should tell her or not.

That’s all he was thinking about until he reached the front door of the house he shared with his brother. That’s all he was thinking about as he stepped into the shower after stripping off his clothes, letting the cold water cool him down. That’s all he was thinking was what he wanted to tell himself but the problem was that wasn’t all. He couldn’t seem to get Ellie out of his head. Her smile seemed to be engraved into his mind. Her sparkling green eyes left him speechless when they locked with his blue ones. Ellie.

He shook his head as he turned off the shower, spraying water droplets everywhere, trying to get those thoughts out of his mind. She was taken. He had to remember that. He stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist, water dripping from his hair and onto his face.

He was in the middle of getting dressed when he heard a timid knock on his door. Jack, again. Luke thought as he rolled his eyes. “Just a minute.” He said.

“Let me in!” Jack said.

“Do you want to see me in my birthday suit?” Luke asked jokingly.

“No, I don’t. Hurry up and get dressed. You take more time than a girl.” Jack huffed from the other side of the door.

Luke went over to the door and pulled it open just as Jack was going to pound on it making him stumble into the room.

“What’s up?” Luke asked with a smirk and made his way to the bed, flopping down onto it.

“How are the tutoring sessions going so far? Any improvement?” Jack asked leaning against the doorframe and crossing his arms across his chest. He was dressed in a white button down paired with blue jeans looking ready to go out.

“They’re alright.” Luke mumbled. “Are you going out?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yes. I told Suze I’ll meet her for dinner.” Jack shrugged.

“Oh.” Luke smirked cheekily. “Have fun but be safe alright.” He winked at his older brother making Jack’s cheeks flush.

“It’s just a friendly outing, Luke. Now stop changing the subject and tell me how tutoring really went.” Jack shot Luke a knowing look.

Damn it! Luke thought. Nothing would pass by Jack without him noticing it immediately. “I kind of lashed out on her?” Luke muttered quietly.

A confused look appeared on Jack’s face and he asked, “What did you say?”

“I lashed out on her.” Luke said louder this time. Jack sighed and shook his head.

“Luke, what did I tell you before? Did you apologize?” he asked.

“Yeah… I – I decided to tell her about mom and all that.” Luke shrugged nonchalantly. He looked calm on the outside but on the inside he was freaking the fuck out.

“You did?” Jack asked surprised. Luke nodded and gulped. “That’s good.” He smiled and looked at his watch. “Oh crap. I’m getting late. I’ll be going now. Do you need anything?” he asked and Luke shook his head. “Alright then.” He said flashing a smile and walking away.

Luke collapsed back down onto the bed and sighed. He was going to tell Ellie. No backing out, Luke. Not now. He thought to himself as he slowly fell asleep.

-

-

The next day went by smoothly in school. It was lunch time and everyone was at the cafeteria getting their lunches.

Ellie was looking around trying to spot Kira who she didn’t see for the whole day. She finally gave up and made her way to the usual table to see Kira already there in an intense discussion with Michael. Calum and Ashton were poking each other and trying to steal each other’s food while the other was looking away. Ellie put down her tray onto the table and took a seat beside Michael and said, “Hey guys.” They all looked at her and smiled. Michael flashed her a small smile before going back to talking to Kira. Weird. Ellie thought. I didn’t know they were such good friends.

She looked up searching for someone she didn’t think she would end up looking for. She found him in the exact same spot he usually sits in with his food remaining untouched. “I’ll be right back.” Ellie said standing up and walking over to Luke’s table.

“Hey.” She said sitting down in front of him and flashing him a warm smile which he returned.

“Hey.” He said sitting up straight.

“So… will I be hearing your story soon? Or should I wait?” she asked tilting her head to the side and raising an eyebrow.

“You get right down to business, don’t you?” Luke joked. “I’ll tell you, just not here. How about at the ice skating rink?” he asked hesitantly, playing with his lip ring.

“Ice skating rink?” Ellie asked a small smile playing on her lips. Luke nodded. “Alright then. I’ll meet you there.” She said and stood up. She smiled and walked away back to her table.

Author's Note: Don't be ghost readers! Vote/ Comment! I would love to hear your opinions! :) 

- Pooji