:: Thirty Four

:: T H I R T Y   F O U R ::

-

4 YEARS LATER

"Luke! Hurry up!" Ellie yelled as she walked down the stairs holding up her long, fitted, cream coloured dress to prevent her from tripping. "I swear you take more time than I do to get dressed!" she muttered, picking up her gold clutch from the sofa and slipping into her nude heels.

They had recently moved into an apartment of their own — close by to both Ellie's family and Luke's brother Jack — once Ellie had finished her degree. It had taken a week for them to find the right furniture and whatnot before moving in their belongings. Nevertheless, it had been an amazing few months together.

"Coming!" Luke's muffled voice called out and she heard his footsteps nearing her.

Luke emerged in the living room in his black suit — cream coloured shirt to match Ellie's dress — tie in hand with his collar button undone. An undeniable flutter went through Ellie's heart as their eyes locked.

"Oh come here," Ellie said, rolling her eyes as Luke kept giving her his best puppy eyes.

Luke chuckled and walked towards her, closing the gap so they were almost nose to nose.

Ellie buttoned his collar and took the tie from his hand before doing it up — she had mastered the art of it by having to help with her brother, Jake's tie all the time. She pulled down Luke's collar, arranged it properly and took a step back.

"That's good," she nodded, surveying her handiwork. "Let's go," she smiled before grabbing her clutch and walking out the door.

-

-

"Oh I'm so nervous!" Briana said, bouncing on her feet in the middle of the room strewn with bits of lace, tissue paper and boxes with even more tissue paper spilling out of them.

"How is it that you're marrying your stalker?" Ellie chuckled as she pushed the boxes to a side to clear a path.

Ellie and Briana giggled fondly at the memory of Malcolm, honey blonde haired, tall and handsome, Briana's fiancé and soon to be husband, being a stalker who Briana had been scared of and avoided like plague until she had finally given him a chance and realized he was the man of her dreams.

"It's like something out of a silly fan fiction for sure," Briana laughed, her curly tendrils bobbing as she shook her head.

The rest of the bridesmaids walked in and gasped when their eyes landed on the bride who, Ellie had to admit, looked absolutely stunning.

"You look gorgeous!" Trina, a girl the two had met at the university, squealed as she ran towards them. "The dress is just breathtaking!"

"And Briana, your hair! You look like a princess!" Sofia, another girl they met at university said pointing at Briana's up-do.

"Thank you, girls!" Briana beamed happily at the three.

There was a rap on the door and the four turned towards the door to see Briana's mother poking her head in and said, "It's time!" with tears in her eyes at the sight of her daughter.

"Mumm!" Briana said in a warning tone. "Not again!" She chuckled and her mother dabbed at her eyes with a tissue.

"I'm sorry, honey. It's just — my baby's all grown up!" She blew her nose. "Come on now, ladies."

-

-

"Okay ladies! Are you ready?" Briana screamed to be heard over the excited buzz.

Everyone screamed back a 'yes!' and clapped. Briana scanned the bunch and when her gaze landed on Ellie, she winked before turning around, facing her back to the crowd.

"One! Two! Three!" Briana yelled before turning around, bouquet still in hand. She walked over to Ellie and handed it to her, confusing everyone around.

"What?" Ellie asked, confused but Briana winked again and moved aside without responding.

Ellie heard giggles from the group in front of her and looked around to see why. Luke emerged from the middle of the group with a silly grin on his face. He walked straight towards Ellie who smiled though utterly confused.

Once Luke reached her, he got down on one knee and took her hand that wasn't holding the bouquet and everyone started whispering around them as more people joined to witness what was happening.

"Luke, what on earth are you doing?" Ellie asked baffled as Luke pulled out a small, black, velvet box from his pocket and an involuntary gasp escaped her lips.

"El, will you marry me?" He asked as he opened the lid to reveal the most gorgeous ring Ellie had ever seen. The buzz had immensely increased now.

"Yes!" She cried as she pulled him to his feet and locked her lips with his causing everyone to erupt in cheers, whistles and hoots from the groomsmen.

***

AHHHH THEY'RE GETTING MARRIEDD!

Do you want a chapter with their wedding in it? Or should I just skip ahead to what happens later in their lives in the epilogue?

And i have a very special Luke+Ellie edit video coming up ^-^

Dedicated to the awesome baesically_hemmings who has stuck by since forever! 

- Pooji