Beacon Hills

Stiles Stilinski is many things. Stupid is not one of them....

A very attractive young man walked down the beaten path towards the small town of Beacon Hills. A sigh left his lips as he briefly closed his whiskey brown eyes. Beacon Hills was a cute quiant little quiet village but everyday was like the before. And it was especially nosy little town full of people who woke up, yelling out their windows:

"Hello!"

"Hey y'all!"

"What are you doing today?!"

The baker ran past the pale young man with his tray of goods like always with the same bread and rolls to sell. Every morning was the same since his father got to the town.

"Morning Stiles!" The baker said, shaking Stiles from his thoughts. "Morning sir." He replied. "Where are you off to at such an hour?" When Stiles' whiskey eyes brightened, the baker immediately wished he hadn't asked. "I'm off to Deaton's. I finished the most wonderful story of a beanstalk and an ogre and..." The baker stopped him before he could finish. "That's nice. Marie, the baguettes! Hurry up!" Stiles shrugged and continued walking.

He could hear the womens' church congregation gossip.

"Look there he goes."

"That boy is strange, no question."

"Dazed and distracted, can't you tell?"

Stiles felt his face flush. He was actually more observant than they gave him credit for.

"Never part of any crowd."

"Because his head is in the clouds."

Everywhere he went, he heard: "No denying he's a funny boy, that Stiles."

And yet he still bid everyone he met a good day because it was a little hard for him to be bitter.

As he listened to the drab gossip, he couldn't help but wonder There must be more than this life! He ran the last few feet into the bookshop. Deaton (the old shopkeeper) smiled at him. "Hello Stiles." Stiles smiled back. "Good morning Deaton. I've come to return the book I borrowed." Deaton chuckled. "You finished already?!" Stiles nodded and ran for the shelves. "Have you got anything new?" He asked, his fingers trailing against the spines. "Not since yesterday." Deaton said, unable to hide his fond smile. "Well that's alright! I'll borrow.." Stiles' fingers landed on the spine of a navy blue book. "This one." He pulled it from its place. "That one? But you've read it twice!" Deaton exclaimed. "But it's my favorite! Far off places, daring swordfights, magic spells, a prince in disguise!" Deaton laughed goodheartedly at Stiles' passionate description. "If you like it all that much, it's yours." Stiles' eyes widened. "But Deaton-!" Deaton held his hand up and gave the book to the intelligent young man. "I insist." Stiles couldn't stop his grin of pure happiness. He hugged the old shopkeeper. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" He then left, already reading the book.

A bunch of admirers Stiles had attempted to catch his attention but Stiles was too far gone in his book (and frankly he didn't care). "That boy is so peculiar, why do we like him?" A blonde asked. His dark haired friend replied, "Look at him!' Stiles heard them and frowned at the conversation. No one truly appreciated intelligence in Beacon Hills. Everything was about beauty. Okay so maybe he always had a dreamy far off look and his nose stuck in a book. It's not his fault that he was a puzzle the town folk couldn't solve.

He reached the edge of town and sat underneath a tree. He sighed, continuing his amazing book. He was at his his favorite part when the heroine meets Prince Charming in a dream. Spoiler: She wouldn't know it was him until Chapter 3. A shrill voice cut through his concentration. "Now it's no wonder that Stiles Stilinski is chased by all those admirers. His looks have got no parallel." He looked over the edge of his book to see a couple walking towards the wig shop. "But behind that fair facade I'm afraid he's rather odd. Very different from the rest of us." Her boyfriend said as he wrapped his arm around her waist. Stiles sighed. He wanted someone like that in his life. He wanted someone to talk to about anything and everything. So yes, Stiles was nothing like the rest of the residents in Beacon Hills.