Dramatic Chapter

The Alpha sat in his chair in front of the fire, the pack at his feet. Stiles was occupied with soaking a rag in hot water from the pot above the fire. He turned to the Alpha who was licking at his wounds. "Hey don't do that. Lydia, could you get me some medical supplies?" Stiles asked as he pulled the Alpha's arm away. Lydia nodded quickly, happy to get out of the room. She knew what the Alpha was like when he was pissed. The Alpha growled at Stiles as he tried to clean the wound with the rag in his hand. "Just hold still!" Stiles said sternly. Lydia set the medical kit by his side. "Thank you Lydia." Stiles said as he opened the kit and took out the disinfectant and bandages. He poured the disinfectant on his rag and dabbed the rag to the wound on the Alpha's forearm. The Alpha roared in pain. The pack jumped to hide. "That hurts!" The Alpha growled as he pulled away his arm. "Well, if you'd hold still, it wouldn't hurt as much you idiot!" Stiles retorted. "Well, if you hadn't run away, this wouldn't have happened!" The Alpha snarled. "Well, if you hadn't frightened me, I wouldn't have tried to go home!" Stiles shouted. The Alpha faltered, opening his mouth to respond only to shut it and glare at the human. Stiles glared back. He moved to work on the scratches on the Alpha's shoulder, smoothing the ruffled fur. "But well, you know. Thanks for saving my life. I know you didn't have to but it was a nice thing to do none the less." The Alpha was surprised at the tender vulnerability in the human's voice. "Careful, this may sting a little." Stiles warned before placing the rag on the wound. The Alpha grunted and grit his teeth. "You're welcome." He hissed. The pack walked out of hiding, watching the human and their Alpha with interest.

And off we go, a traveling onwards to Beacon Hills.

The tavern was almost empty. Most had gone home except for Kate, Chris and their guest, Dr. Deaton. "I don't usually leave the asylum in the middle of the night but they said you'd make it worth my while." Deaton commented dryly. Kate pulled out a sack of gold and tossed it in front of the doctor. Deaton pulled out a piece and scraped his chin against it. "I'm listening." Deaton's eyes glistened in the candlelight, freaking Chris out a little. "It's like this, doctor. I've got my heart set on marrying Stiles but...he needs a little persuasion." Chris butted in. "Turned her down flat!" Kate slammed her beer mug on his head. "Everyone knows his father's a lunatic," Kate continued as Chris rubbed his sore head. "He was in here tonight raving about a beast in a castle." Deaton was unimpressed as he observed Kate who had an unhealthy obsession with the younger male. "John is harmless." Kate shook her head. The old man wasn't getting it! "The point is, Stiles would do anything to keep him from being locked up." Chris snorted. "Yeah, even marry her!" Kate glared at her brother and he ducked back under the mug. "So you want me to throw his father in the asylum unless he agrees to marry you." Deaton clarified. Both Argents nodded. "Oh, that is despicable." Deaton chuckled. "I love it!"

John was inside the cabin, packing his belongings to go save his son. "If no one will believe me, then I'll go back alone. I don't care what it takes. I'll find that castle and somehow I'll get him out of there." John slammed the door shut and went off on his own. Moments later, Kate and Chris led Deaton to the cabin. "John! Stiles!" Kate called. Chris shrugged. "Oh well, I guess it's not gonna work after all." Chris commented secretly relieved. Kate picked him up and threw him into a snowbank by the porch. "They have to come back sometime and when they do, we'll be ready for them. Chris, don't move from this spot until Stiles and his father come home." Chris objected. "But..but..!" Kate led Dr. Deaton back to the asylum. Chris hit the side of the house. "Aww, nuts!" Snow fell on his head. "I hate you Kate." He mumbled as he shook the snow off and made himself as comfortable as possible.