Story Time

Derek POV

3 days later the phone started ringing, not uncommon in the last few days, but when it continued ringing every 10 minuets I gave up trying to ignore it and charged toward the table leaping on the cabinet beside it to attempt at making it stop. When I pushed the receiver end onto the table beside the phone I heard a voice at the other end:
"Hello???" It was Deaton.
I barked trying to get him to understand that John wasn't here right now.
"Oh, I'm guessing the sheriff isn't here then???"
I huffed and gave a frustrated bark willing him to get to the point.
"I'm guessing this is Derek???"
I barked once with what sounded, even to me, a snarky tone.
"Well that's good you can tell John to call me back when he comes home" there was no room to deny any of what he said even if I could "I'm guessing that's why no one has picked up for the last 1 and a half hours" he deadpanned.
I made a strange noise in the back of my throat that made the other man sigh and say
"Just get John to call me back when he comes home please Derek" he hung up.

*****

When the Sheriff got home some hours later, the others were all napping upstairs because being a puppy with tiny legs was more tiring than you thought. Me, Boyd and Peter were the only ones down stairs and when John walked in I was walking in from the kitchen. I approached him an jumped up at his knees to try and aid his attention but it just resulted in me getting a stroke on the head and a 'Hello Derek' as he headed for the bathroom. I waited outside, sat behind the bathroom door until it opened and the sheriff made his way to Stiles' room to check on the others. All the while I was bouncing up and down like a kangaroo trying and failing to get his attention. As he walked down the stairs again I began weaving in and out of his legs so he picked me up and carried me not seeming to care about the whining and struggling I made. In the lounge Boyd and Peter were laughing at the sight coming down the stairs but made no intention of helping me. Traitors.
When he eventually put me down, I stopped and thought about what I could do to get him to the laptop where I already had a message typed out. Finally I came to the conclusion that I would have to wait until he sat and saw it but Peter had other ideas.
"Do what Stiles did yesterday, it seemed to work" he sighed getting bored at my failures as if they no longer amused him. When I continued to stare at him blackly he stood and walked into the kitchen, then a few moments later he came shuffling backwards with his jaw full of John's trouser leg and he was slowly dragging him into the room. When the Sheriff saw me in front of the laptop though he understood and began walking over to see what was on the screen.
"Oh," he muttered as scanning the words "I guess he might have found something then" he went over to the phone and dialed the clinics phone number. It rang a total of 4 times before the vet picked up and when it did he was greeted with a nonchalant "Hello???"
"Doctor Deaton, Derek here told me you might have some more information about our situation" the Sheriff said. It was at this moment that the others decided to wake up and sleepily make their way down the steps, all of them in single file led by Stiles. Erica trotted straight up to Boyd and licked his muzzle before they both walked over to stand where Isaac, Allison and Scott where stood a foot or 2 away from me. There was an awkward distance between Scott and Isaac which was strange because for the last couple of months, since Isaac had no where to go, they had lived together and had grown quiet close. Watching between the two of them and their secret glances at each other made me think there was something going on. Ill look into that later.
Stiles head butted my shoulder making me bring myself back from my inner thoughts.
"Who's on the phone with dad???" he questioned
"Deaton" I replied simply
"What are they talking about???" he asked quietly
I looked at him "I have no idea Stiles" looking back at the Sheriff he seemed to be listening and trying to absorb all of what Deaton was saying to him. He nodded once and then hung up and looked down at us.
"He's got something, and we need to go over there so I'll get the laptop packed up once I've called Melissa. She needs to come too." There was no grim look on his face so I figured Deaton had saved having to repeat himself later and had given no details on the matter. Looking around, the pack started to gather themselves and started muttering about all the crazy ideas that they thought Deaton had in store for them.