Blood Ties

Stiles POV

I couldn't believe it hadn't clicked before, I had read it over and over as on of the main facts about witched when researching them. I had found it amazing how the power can go from one to another, a lot like the power of an Alpha did between werewolves. But never had it occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, that could happen to me. I was the flailing defenceless human with a bat. Sure we had Allison but she was a hunter, and we had Lydia but she was a banshee. There was Danny... He had only been in the pack though for a short amount of time and couldn't keep up my high expectations of annoyance and flailing.
But why was this the thing I was thinking about right now anyway???
I was going to become a witch.
With that last thought in my mind and a sharp stab of dread in the gut I put my head back into the game. There was the pack to worry about.

Nodding Alex grimaced as though about to give bad news. I didn't like that, didn't like that at all. Somehow, subconsciously, I had made my way over to Derek and was now at his side staring at the woman before us waiting for her to share her information and knowledge.
"First of all, know that this isn't permanent" she said at first but she looked as if she had more to say on that fact but she moved on. "The witch that cursed you didn't think you would be able to find the cure at all never mind in this state so she gave us enough time to act. But for this cure to work it might mean that a few people need to find out about you. We will keep it as close to home as we can, we don't want too many people knowing of course but there is some things we need from certain people. Or should I say 'some thing'. We need, for this spell to be broken, a drop of blood from a blood relative connected to each of you." She was leaning down at the pup's level and gazing into Derek's eyes as she said this. There was a few worried glances around the room, ones that were caused by mainly 2 things. Fortunately his dad knew them both.
"Is that what you meant about some people having to be brought into the know??? The parents???" he said. Alex nodded solemnly. "But what about those without any blood relatives??? Isaac has no one left and Jackson was adopted."
Alex again grimaced and looked at her partner when he flinched at the word 'adopted'. She seemed to soothe him though when she leant back and he relaxed against her.
"I'm sorry, Owen's son was put up for adoption by his previous wife and has never got over not being able to see his son." Owen snuggled into the back of her neck as though he was a wolf scent marking her.
The Sherriff nodded but looked at her until she answered his question.
She sighed and said "If you don't retrieve any blood from any blood relative for that pack member then the cure won't work"
My dad was the Sheriff for a reason and picked up straight away on the half answer "And what happens if the cure doesn't work???"
"Then they stay puppies forever" she sighed again looking unhappy more than anything.

"Well damn" I muttered.

Isaac POV

"It can't. Can't. It's impossible. I have no one any more, it can't be true." I repeated over and over muttering it to myself to try and make it true. I was on the urge of a panic attack when the door opened and a sandy puppy entered.
"You okay???" he said big brown eyes full with worry.
"It's impossible." I muttered under my breath calming slightly with Scott's presence.
"What's impossible???" he pushed gently sitting down beside me so we were touching and staring intently at me.
"Her story," I said "it can't be true"
"Why not???" asked Scott confused. He looked adorable and I couldn't help but slouch against him taking comfort from him and reeling in happiness when he didn't move away. The threat of a panic attack was long gone by now.
"If that story was true," I said with a shaky breath "then that woman in there" I pointed at the closed door.
"Is my Aunt"

Scott POV

I squinted my eyes in confusion. Well that certainly wasn't what I was expecting.
"Your Aunt???" I repeated and he nodded his head as confirmation.
"How???" I asked cautiously, because when it came to Isaac and family he was the second worst only being beaten by Derek and his tragedy.
"My fathers name was Rick Emerson Lahey. My brother was Camden George Lahey. My father had a younger brother and sister but he rarely spoke of his brother and never once talked about his sister. His brother was named George, that's where my brothers middle name came from because near the time, George had been murdered out in the woods."
I just looked at him in shock, because it made sense that Alex truly could be the Aunt he never knew.
"Well why don't you ask her what her brothers middle name was??? Emerson can't be that much of a common name and if she gets it right then we can tell her" I said nudging him slightly.
Isaac looked at me in surprise as if he had never thought of it before. He then smiled slightly before mumbling "I might have family" a dreamy look on his face as though it was the only thing he ever wanted. Getting up he helped me to my feet with his muzzle before using his head to bash against my shoulder. "Thanks." He didn't meet my eyes so I nuzzled at him till he did before saying "Your welcome" and waited for him to leave before going in after him.

Melissa POV

"What do you mean 'then they stay puppies forever'!?!?!?" I almost cried and I felt John pull me into his arms and I hugged him back unable to crush the dread and fear that began to arouse deep inside. I saw some of the pups move closer to one another taking comfort from having each other close just as me and John did.
"I mean exactly that," Alex said miserably "but if you can gather what I need then I can change them back, however I need that blood. It's what brings them back to being themselves again."
"The one thing I'm worried about," Deaton spoke for the first time in a while "is the time we have in order to do this"
"What do you mean???" John asked,
"How long do we have???"I said straight after.
"Until the Lunar eclipse, also known as the blood moon. When that is high and red in the sky the curse will become un-reversible." Deaton replied.
The pack where watching the conversation like this was a tennis match and they were following the invisible ball with their eyes.
"Well when's that???" I asked quietly.
"The next full moon in just under a months time" Owen cut in grimly.

Notes
Well I know this is short and not very sweet but it was needed, so I'm sorry. This was meant to come out yesterday when it was the Lunar Eclipse that inspired me with this fic but I had homework so couldn't again I am sorry.
But the thing with Alex being Isaac's Aunt... Didn't see it coming did'ya XD
Anyway thank you for reading and any ideas or feedback/comments about the story would be very very much appreciated. Thank you!