Kitchen Mayhem

Isaac POV

Going back to the house was a blur.
All I could think was: I had family.
For the first time in a long time, I had family that wouldn't hurt me. I was sure Alex wouldn't do that. She wasn't like my father at all; she was more like my mom was before she died all that time ago. It was hard leaving her behind at the animal clinic but her, Owen and Deaton said they needed to prepare things for the cure to be made. They wanted lots of spare time to do something if anything went wrong, and knowing our look it would, so they stayed there leaving us to go back to the Stilinski house.

I was sat on the sofa between Scott and Erica watching the TV when John entered to tell us that he had the night shift that night and that he was trusting us to stay home alone and not create too much havoc. Things between me and Scott had settled slightly after he helped me earlier that day and he seemed comfortable around me again and if I took advantage of this by snuggling closer to him then so what???

Once the Sheriff had headed of for work after practically hammering it into us that we needed to sleep at some point and not stay up too late, Stiles came skidding his way through the kitchen and into the middle of the lounge floor.

"I just realised!" He all but screeched, trying and failing to hold back laughter.

"This means you two," he pointed at me and Jackson "are practically related!" he fell on his back and let his laugher loose.

Jackson looked at me and then glared at Stiles and gritted out "I'm not related to Lahey, Stilinski"

"But... But..." Stiles couldn't stop laughing long enough to answer him.

Jackson growled at him and lept of the chair by the window were he had previously been perched and this seemed like enough of a threat to get Stiles to stop laughing.

Briefly.

Once safely dodged out of the way however, Jacksons attempt at swatting Stiles like a bug only seemed to make the pup giggle even more. Jackson then gave chase, and Stiles ran and jumped and dodged his way all over the place. The whole pack were on their feet egging them on and I could even see Derek laughing from his seat by the staircase. When Stiles dashed out of the door into the kitchen the others followed and saw that Stiles was jumping from the island to the counter top. On his way however his foot shoved off the fruit bowl and it landed on the floor with a clash.

They didn't seem to notice though.

It carried on this way, other objects falling all over the place as the chase continued throughout the kitchen and all over the ground floor of the house. Tables were knocked over, cushions were thrown around and due to the accident that wasn't an accident at all (Scott being the faithful best friend had tried to booby trap Jackson) a blanket had been coarsely spread over the floor. The kitchen was worse though because the Sheriff had left the ingredients out from the pancakes he had made that morning. Eggs had dive bombed to the floor and I only just missed being hit by one. Milk had been spilt down the counter tops and the trash had toppled over.

Then the worst of it all happened. Most of us had been his with something, be it egg, milk, spare pancake batter or whatever but this just made it worse.

Jackson was catching up with Stiles, so as a last resort the white pup jumped onto the island.

Where a bag flour was waiting, which of course, was were Stiles landed.

POOF!

I couldn't see a thing until most of it fell to the tiled floor. White smoke seemed to be falling from the sky and as I looked around everyone was stood in silence looking around at the white dusting of flour that seemed to coat everything in sight.

Surprising us all, Derek was the first to laugh.

It was a full, fond amused laugh; one that not many of us have ever heard him do and Stiles' face lit up like a Christmas tree at the sound of it. This only seemed to make the Alpha laugh more and we couldn't help but join in with him as the flour fog settled around us.

Around 20 minuets later, when we had past the phase of being in fits of giggles and rolling around on the floor we finally trudged our way up the stairs into the bedroom. Leaping up onto the bed I curled up near one of the pillows and felt a warm body press up behind me. Glancing over my shoulder I saw that it was Scott, and internally my wolf sighed in contentment but on the outside I was more than confused. Allison was plastered to his side and at her side was Lydia, but Scott was turned toward me rather than Allison and her more toward Lydia. Thinking about it most of the couples apart from Boyd and Erica seemed to be having some issues as the all turned toward others that went their partners.

At the foot of the pile was Stiles and at his back was Derek, seeming closer to the pack than usual. This whole puppy experience seemed to be bringing the pack together, more than any of Erica or Stiles' lame 'bonding experiences' ever had.

Looking over my shoulder one more time I thought:But I'm certainly not complaining.

John POV

Have we been robbed??? Was my initial reaction to the bombsite that used to be my home. That was, until, I saw the small flour-y paw prints that lead through the kitchen, across the living room, up the stairs, into my sons bedroom up to the large furry mess on his bed. Even though I was absolutely infuriated with them; the sight of them all curled up together snoring quietly, covered in egg shells, milk, a heck of a lot of flour and what appeared to be pancake batter dampened my anger slightly.

Scott stirred from his place behind Isaac and slowly but surely the other began to rise from the depths of their dreamlands and come back to reality. When they took note of me staring at them they tensed up knowing that they were in trouble for the mess they had made. Then a very sleepy Derek yawned and uncurled at the bottom of the bed, and he like the rest of them were covered in various things and on his black fur it stood out the most.

There was some of the white dust on his nose and he went boss-eyed staring at it.

Then he sneezed.

The rest of the pack were silent a while until they burst out with laughter breaking the tension that had been rising, and again Derek sneezed at the flour on his nose. Not liking the attention this way, the Alpha curled into a tight ball, almost hiding in his fur. Stiles barked at the others and they just seemed to laugh harder when it appeared that Derek was embarrassed by what he had done.

Smiling, I left them to their yapping and good natured teasing and fighting, and went to clean up the mess they had made of down stairs.

Notes
I thought maybe some pack fun would be nice and I wanted to do something like this for a while but I haven't found the chance. But now here it is! So enjoy pack feels (or my version of pack feels which is basically just pack fun) and I hope this chapter is okay. Thank you :)

S