Thanks Mom

Derek POV

Scott was gone.

Gone and no one knew where.

Everyone, including Alex, the Sheriff, Owen, Cora and Deaton, went in small groups around the surrounding forest for any hint of a trace of hope to find our missing pack member.

After a while Alex had gone back to the house to break the news to Melissa that her son was missing and I couldn't even imagine what she must be going through right now.

Isaac too.

After his initial shock he had pulled himself together slightly, enough to say that we needed to find him and we needed to find him now before bracing himself and stomping out into the woods. Boyd and Erica had followed him without a word, and I was proud of my pack for knowing he wanted his closes friends with him and doing so without comment.

Hours later we had returned back to the safety of the house resolute and in no mood for sharing our thoughts.

As the others made there way up the stairs, pups and humans alike walking in silence, not a word was uttered and faces were blank showing nothing to the outside world, paying only attention to the inner thoughts whirling around our heads.

There was Melissa's scent leading the way to the Sheriffs room and when the door opened I could see she had cried herself to sleep in a nest of John's covers around her.

After about an hour the pack still hadn't been able to sleep, and one by one they had made their way to the Sheriff's room where Melissa and John were now covered up by a fluff blanket.

Not seeming to be able to pass out myself I headed back down stairs to see why Stiles and Isaac still hadn't made their way to join the rest of us upstairs.

What greeted me was the sound of claws scratching their way over the kitchen tiles before I saw Isaac padding his way into the living room, head hung low bringing a whole new meaning to the saying 'looking like a kicked puppy'.

I heard Stiles' steady heartbeat coming from the couch and felt that tug from my wolf again... Wanting to run over to him... Claim him... Make sure he's always min-

I physically shook my head.

Nope.

Not going there right now.

From the gap in the stair case I could see Isaac sitting on the couch, curling up besides Stiles and taking as much comfort from him as he needed. Stiles encouraged him patting his tail in a slow, steady soothing rhythm on his back waiting patiently for Isaac to gather his words.

"I miss him" he decided eventually, resting his head heavily on his paws staring out at the wall in front of him, eyes watery and glazed over.

"I miss him too," Stiles said" but we'll get him back I promise"

"I've been sat looking out the window for three hours since we came home and he hasn't come back. His scent is fading Stiles, what if I never see him again? What if I never get to say that I love him. We never said it to each other..."

"No, enough of that" Stiles snapped startling the boy making him look up at him sharply "your talking about him like he's dead, he's not dead Isaac he's not gone forever and you will get to say 'I love you's although I hardly think it's needed"

Isaac must have given him a funny look given the tired sigh Stiles gave him before replying "Everyone can tell you already love each other, you don't need to label it to know that."

"I still want to tell him."

"I know,"

There was a pause of silence and the both looked up at the ceiling when they heard movement upstairs before Stiles turned to Isaac and asked "Do you know what Scott was going to say before you both went outside? Did he discuss it with you or anything?"

"No, not that I remember. All I remember is those yellow eyes... and being scared and him trying to protect me and us running and realising Scott wasn't there an-"

"Alright alright, calm down buddy, deep breaths" Stiles soothed, trying to show Isaac best he could to do what he was instructing.

He was hyperventilating and on the verge of a panic attack, something Stiles could relate to I guess having them after his mother died and then every so often now when times get too much.

As soon as he settled again Isaac curled into a ball beside Stiles, leaning against him slightly and let his heart beat slow.

"Thanks Mom" he whispered just before he fell asleep, his body visibly relaxing as he did so.

Stiles stared at him a minuet or two before what I swear was a smile came over his face.

"You're welcome Isaac" he said to the sleeping form beside him, snuggling down into the couch cushions to get some shut eye himself.

My heart swelled at the thought of the pack taking Stiles as there mother role, and when I thought about it, it made sense.

They went to him with all their problems, their secrets, the issues they wont tell anyone else about.

He helps them with their homework and even brings food to pack meetings.

When he arrives and before he leaves a pack meeting he'll hug everyone (wolves and humans) scent marking them and gives them his insight on all their personal situations.

They trust him and love him like a mother figure.

My wolf preened at the thought.

I stood station at the banister watching over them until I was sure they were both fast asleep before taking my leave up the stairs toward the Sheriff's room.

When I passed Stiles' room I glanced out the window and I could swear, I saw two yellow eyes peering in but when I looked again they were gone so I dismissed the thought after a few seconds of staring and deliberating.

We'll fix all this out tomorrow.

Notes
I'M SORRY!!! *Cries* I've had no inspiration and my brain had died I'm sorry!!!
This chapter is for Farkaskutya, Wlfgal (From Fanfiction.net) and LilyStarlight (From AO3) for them kicking me up the butt and getting me back on track!!! Thank you you 3!!!