Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

*Hailee's Point Of View*

I never really got used to the fact about having another sister, especially one my age. Even though Leila has been here for a while, I hadn't got used to coming home from a late party with someone still awake. I mean, dad and mom would be awake, but never a sibling. Whitney and Lanie were already in bed, and I don't know, I just never really got used to it.

It was kind of cool, having someone my age and all, but then again it got irritating. I've stopped hanging out with my friends a lot because of Leila... not that I was complaining, I love her and I was happy she was here, but bringing her to my friends' houses didn't seem right. I really wanted her to make her own friends so she can have something to do every Friday night like I usually did.

So that's why I was taking Leila out tonight to a house party. One of my friends was hosting it, at least I think she was. Besides all the drinking, I thought it'll be a good place for Leila to make more friends.

"Are you dressed?" I called through Leila's door. I glanced down at my Michael Kors watch (Look, I have a famous dad, alright?) and noticed it was twenty minutes before the party starts. "Leila!"

"Coming, coming!" she hushed me. I heard rumbling throughout her room. (A/N: sounds like what Leila heard from Hailee's room from a previous chapter, right?).

*Leila's P.O.V.*

Maybe I was too dressed up. I stared at myself in the mirror of my room, biting my lip and looking at my attire. I mean, it was only a house party. I remember going to one when I was younger, but I was positive it would be nothing like the one we were planning on going to now.

I didn't really like the fact of a house party to make friends. Everyone would be drunk and dancing, and I'm not really like that. I was thankful that Hailee was actually thinking of me and wanting me to make friends, but I was worried a house party may be too much.

I glanced to my closet, peering over in my heels to see if there was another outfit I'd want to wear instead. I didn't want to run out of time, so I decided to stay in the outfit I was wearing.

I wasn't that dolled up, but I did look pretty good. I had on a black pencil skirt I got from Hailee, a white and black striped crop top, and I made sure to wear lacey lingerine under it. I didn't want to look to skimpy, but I had to do what I had to do.

I was shoving my hoops through my ears when a loud knock made me jump. I accidently poked myself with the sharp part of the earring. I cursed under my breath before hearing Hailee call through the door.

"Are you dressed?" she asked. I forgot to answer, focusing on my earrings and getting them through the small hole I had in my ear. "Leila!"

I finally poked the bling through my ear and replied. "Coming, coming!" I grabbed my bag from my bed and met her outside.

Hailee looked perfect. Not that I was surprised, she always looked gorgeous. She resembled her mom more then her dad, and I just happened to notice. She wore a tight, light pink dress and tied back her hair with a white bow. Her curls ruffled around it, reminding me a little bit of Ariana Grande.

"You look so pretty!" she squealed, giving me a tight, quick hug before rushing back in her room. I didn't even get the chance to blink before she returned with her bag. I smiled at her.

"We have approximately," she paused and took a look at her watch. "Seventeen minutes. I'm so excited for you, maybe they'll go to our high school too!"

"Maybe," I grinned, looking at my heels. "Can I do my hair real quick? I just want to straighten it."

"Sure, sure! Take your time!" Hailee gushed, and I chuckled before ushering myself back into my room to fix my hair.

--

The house party was everything I expected. When Hailee drove into the driveway, a beer can flew right out the window and almost hit the windshield. Of course, like all girls, we screamed at the top of our lungs.

"What the fuck was that!" Hailee hollered, shutting the car door rather loudly. "That could've hit my car and cracked my windshield! If my dad saw that he would beat the hell out of -"

"Hail," I cut her off, "it's fine. It didn't hit the car and that's what matters, right? Now come on, let's go inside."

She smiled at me and nodded in appreciation, thanking me for not letting her go off any further.

When we got inside, we were immediately smashed into sweaty bodies. The wave of people practically carried us across the house. Hundreds of people were flooding the rooms, most grinding or doing... other things.

Me and Hailee quickly separated, her going her own way with her friends and I going mine. I felt awkward because, well I barely knew anyone.

I kept walking around carefully, trying not to stumble in my heels. I was offered a drink but I pushed down the offer. I don't really like drinking, especially at a party because who knows how drunk I'll get and what would happen.

I almost lost all hope in finding friends until a tall, pretty brunette confronted me and spoke.

"Hey, I'm Jasmine!" the girl said, moving her hair from behind her shoulders. I smiled, introducing myself back to her and we almost instantly fell into a conversation.

Jasmine was about to introduce me to her other friends until someone grabbed my wrist. My breath hitched in my throat before I turned around.

I held in my gasp as I looked at the sight before me. A rather attractive man gave me a heart-warming smile.

He was freaking hot, if I do say so myself. He had dusty, brown hair that was swept across his forehead and dark green eyes. I smiled back at him and didn't even notice he was still holding my wrist. The unnamed boy blushed and let go.

"Hey beautiful," he said, the same angelic smile never leaving his face. I blushed, looking down at my shoes before greeting him.

"My names Michael, Michael Brocks." he grinned, "what's yours?"

"Leila," I replied.

Michael chuckled, noticing my bashful actions. "You're very stunning, by the way. Can I get your number?"

My heart sped up as I tried to process what he was asking. "O-oh, um, of course," I slipped out my iPhone and recited my number to him.

"Great, thanks." He smiled before putting his phone away. "I'll see you around, okay?"

I nodded and within a second he was gone. I grinned to myself. I never really thought I would be the kind of person to find love, or a relationship. I had to keep myself from bouncing across the room with happiness.

But what if this was nothing? What if it meant nothing to him?

Ugh! He called me beautiful. Doesn't that count? I guess I'll find out.