Chapter Twenty

*MARSHALL'S POV*

It haunted me. Just knowing that the girl I care for so much was brutually beaten in this room made me sick. I refused to sit anywhere, the only thing I did was stand in the center of the room. My mind swarmed with possibilities on how to get out of here. I stared down at my hands, the lining of duct tape leaving red marks around my wrists.

Carefully, I peeled off the duct tape, freeing my hands. I winced when a painful aching erupted in my skin. "Fuck." I hissed, rubbing the sensitive area. My eyes found the window that Leila must have escaped from.

Where the hell were my bodyguards? They were supposed to be with me earlier, the day I was taken. If they were doing their damn job, I wouldn't be in this mess. I know it's wrong to blame other people for your responsibilities but fuck it. I'm a celebrity, I could do whatever I want.

I groaned internally. This was all such a mess. I should just go out there and punch the dickhead in the face, but I had a feeling Leila's mother was somewhere in the house. The thought of that sick woman hurting Leila made my blood boil.

As quietly as I could, I toyed with the doorknob on the door. Of course it was fucking locked. I groaned internally, placing my hand on the top of my head in frustration. I'm almost positive that Hailie and Leila would have gone to the police about this now, I shouldn't have to worry. I clenched my fists. I haven't been this fucking pissed since I found Kim with that douchebag in my own damn room.

I could run, but who nows how long that'll take. Plus, I had no idea where the hell I am. Without thinking, I hit my fist against the drywall, causing a dent to remain. If this fucker didn't take my cellphone, I would have been out of here by now. This was all so fucking pointless.

I jumped when the doorknob turned, a figure pressed against the doorframe. This time, it wasn't the father, but it was the mother. I narrowed my eyes, already picturing my hands around her damn throat.

She wore a smirk on her wrinkled face, enjoying my angered expression. That only made me more angry, and I had to remind myself that she was a woman. Although, at this point, I couldn't give two shits anymore.

"Ah, so it's the popstar." she chuckled bitterly. She stepped in the room and I backed away, tensing my jaw. "I warned her, I told her she would be found. I guess I didn't leave enough time." she taunted.

"What are you talking about?" I knew for a fact Leila had no communication with this woman for a good four months. She was safe with me, she didn't even have a damn cellphone until a few weeks ago!

"I let her know this was coming, she was aware..." she spoke. My mind was swarming with confusion.

"Knew what was coming? What the fuck are you talking about?" I asked through gritted teeth.

She plastered a smirk on her face, her dark hair cascading over her forehead. "Let's just say I gave her a call this morning."

No, this couldn't be happening. Leila would have told me if there was any contact between her and her "family".

"But," she batted her eyes, popping the gum in her nasty mouth. "I guess it was too late for her to tell you, huh, popstar?"

"She's mine, she will never ever be yours again." I told her, my voice etching with anger. She rolled her dark eyes at me.

"How is she yours if you aren't even with her?" she taunted, walking towards me. "What about your other family? Where are your daughters? What about your wife?" How the hell did she know so much shit about me?

"Get the fuck out of here before I lose my temper." I threatened, my eyes darting to the floor.

"You wouldn't do shit." she spat and I laughed humorlessly.

"Are you challenging me?" I asked deeply, meeting her eyes. I could tell she was frightened, her eyes scanning different places of the room. "Get the fuck out." I repeated. I was thankful when she left the room hurriedly. If she stayed any longer, I don't think I would be able to control myself.

*LEILA'S POV*

"The cops said they were searching. The only thing we could do is wait." I said to Kim once we stepped in the house.

She sighed, her blonde hair falling around her cheeks. "Thank God." she huffed. Hailie had already gone up to her room and it was just Kim and I in the kitchen. I turned to walk upstairs before she stopped me.

"Wait, Leila." I let out a breath, turning around. Kim looked down defeatedly, and I knew what was coming. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to rip this family apart, I --"

"You didn't rip this family apart," I told her sternly. "You made us stronger. Yes, what you did was so, so wrong, but it made us realize that a family is a team, and we stick together."

Kim looked shocked at my words, her blue eyes wide. She opened her mouth to speak but closed it again, like a fish out of water.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to go talk to the girls. Thank you for staying with Lanie and Whit for a while, it was good for the both of you." I dismissed her, walking upstairs and not looking back at her. I could feel her still standing in the kitchen, clearly shocked at what I had to say. I hoped I didn't come off too rude, but what I said was needed to be said.

Without thinking, I grabbed my phone and dialled the number I thought I would never dial again. The familiar voice answered and I cringed.

"Hello, Leila?" she spoke and I felt guilty. As much as I hated her, she was still my mother that once loved me when I was a toddler. I sighed, feeling the tears prick my eyes.

I couldn't speak, she just kept saying hello until I heard a backround noise. A yell, a manly yell and it was definately not my fathers.

"Shut the fuck up, popstar!" My mother screamed to the voice. Popstar? What would a popstar be doing at my mother's house?

I knew my mother was walking towards the screaming voice because the voice got louder through the phone. "Get me out of here!" was evident through the speaker and I froze.

Marshall.

"Mother!" I yelled into the phone. "Let him go!" Of course! This all adds up, the phone call, the abduction! She told me she would find me, but I guess she found me already.

"You heard nothing." my mother hissed into the phone. I  brought my hand up to my hair in frustration, the tears already rushing down my face.

I could only imagine the harmful things my parents could pull on Marshall. My chest tightened, they could kill him. I immediately felt lightheaded.

All I could remember is hanging up the phone and blacking out, the familiar, heartwrenching scream of Marshall filling my mind.