Chapter Thirteen

please comment & vote! 5 comments for the next chapter ? :-)

•••••••••••••••

So much has been going on that I couldn't think straight. After the short conversation with Marshall, I ran up the steps and knocked on Hailee's door.

"I don't want to talk right now," Hailee said. I sighed, ignoring her comment and opened the door. She was sat on the bed on her laptop with dark bags under her eyes.

"I said I don't want to talk." she snapped, not bothering to look up at me. I bit my lip, unsure of what to say.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, that's too bad."

Hailee looked up at me, a shocked expression on her face. "How dare you?" she sneered.

"No, how dare you?" I told her, emphasizing the 'you'. She cocked her head at me. "You turned on Mar- your father for something he didn't do! You can't just jump to conclusions, Hailee. You don't even know what happened in the first place."

"Bullshit. I know exactly what he did. He beat mom, it's pretty obvious." she said, sweeping pieces of hair out of her face.

"Wrong." Hailee sneers at me.

"Then what did he do, Leila? Please, enlighten me. I would love to know." She laughs humorlessly, looking up at me with a stupid smirk.

"It's not what he did," I rolled my eyes. "It's what she did!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Your mother, Hailee. Your mother cheated on your father. That's what happened, that's what I've been trying to say this whole time! Marshall didn't beat your mom, he beat the man that your mom brought home! She screwed up, Hailee. Badly." I blurted. I smacked my hand over my mouth, shocked about what I just said. I didn't want to go that far.

I didn't even need to blink twice before tears were streaming down her cheeks. I took it upon myself and wrapped my arms around her. She reluctently drew her arms around me, sobbing. I sighed.

-

Kim ended up leaving the house. She called the paramedics and they took away the body. He was in critical condition, and I wasn't surprised. You don't want to get Marshall mad.

"Are you going to record tomorrow?" I asked Marshall as he took a seat on the couch. He wanted to present us with a movie night. He decided it would be a good time to tell them where their mother is, and how she isn't coming back either.

"No, I was thinking of going to court for the divorce." Marshall replied. I nodded. "But I have been writing a new song."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah. I'll show you another time, it's.. um.. not really appropriate I guess." He fiddled with his fingers.

"Okay."

"I found a movie!" Whitney chirped. When she came into the living room, she held Cinderella in her hands. Marshall groaned, and I laughed.

"Can't we watch something else, Whit? Maybe more manly?" Marshall suggested. I snickered.

Whitney shook her head with a sly smile. Lanie ran into the room holding up Grease. I tried to hold in my smile. I absolutely love that movie.

"Let's watch this, yeah!" Lanie said with a grin. Whitney pouted.

"No! I absolutely hate that movie!" Whitney argued with her sister. I grinned as the two children snapped at eachother.

 "Girls" Marshall warned. They sighed, both crossing their arms over their chests. It was crazy how much they actually resembled eachother.