Chapter Ten

Leila's POV

I stumbled out of the house with Hailee almost attached to me. My head was pounding and I couldn't really think straight. I had a feeling this would happen.

I'm not a drinker. But maybe I had one drink too much? Or two? I couldn't even try to remember.

"Leeeee", Hailee groaned as she dug her fingers in my shoulder. Hailee, on the other hand, was extremely hammered.

"Shush we're going home." I told her, even though she probably couldn't hear anything I was saying. I pushed her into the car and got in, beginning to drive home.

"I got a man," Hailee slurred as she supported her head on the window.

"Oh did you now?" I replied as

I made a turn.

"Miiiichael! His name was Michael!" She drunkily cheered.

"Great." I huffed, starting the engine of the car. While we were on the road, I started to get really dizzy.

"Hail, do you think you can drive? I can barely see anything." It was true, there were black spots covering my eyesight and I felt like I couldn't blink. I swerved the driving wheel and felt an impact, a hard impact against my side, and then everything went black.

-

I woke up in the hospital. Talk about déjà vu. I opened my eyes to see some guy staring down at me. He pushed his glasses back up his nose and grinned.

"Ah, you're awake." The man got a clipboard and flipped a few pages. "Im gonna ask you a few questions, just to make sure there was no memory loss in the accident."

Accident? What accident? I couldn't remember anything from last night at all let alone an accident. Shit, did I try and save someone again?

I stayed silent while he was gathering the personal questions and answers.

He returned by my side with a paper and pen.

"Alright, let's begin. What's your name and age?" I rolled my eyes. Could that question get any more basic?

"Leila, 17,"

"Birthday?"

"November 1st"

"Do you remember anything from last night?"

I thought hard.. "Umm.. No,"

"Alright. Let me call in your father."

I felt like I just got stabbed in the face by his words. My father? As in my real father? No it couldn't be. Maybe he's just talking about Marshall. Wait! Where is Marshall? Where's Hailee and the girls? And Kim? What!?

Fortunately it was Marshall, but I still had no idea where the rest of my family was.

"Leila baby," Marshall rushed to the bed beside me and cupped my face. "Thank god you're okay. I shouldn't have trusted Hailee to take the car to a house party, I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry."

Then everything flashed back to me. The party, the alcohol, the people, Michael, drunk Hailee, the car ride and getting hit. My eyes widened in panic and I tried to sit up, but I couldn't because I was almost strapped down.

My world was shaking in fear for Hailee because I remember her getting hit too. I remember her scream before the truck hit our car. For all I know she can be mentally hurt, or even dead.

"WHERE IS SHE?" I cried, trying to break out of the bandages of the hospital bed but I couldn't, Marshall and the doctor were too busy holding me down. I felt like I was crumbling and I didn't even realize I cared about Hailee this much. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I screamed for her, mourned for her.

Everything was my fault. If I hadn't driven the car then nothing would have happened. I should have called a cab or something, anything for us to be safe. But I was too fucking drunk to realize I put both of us in danger.

I stopped fighting to be free and slowly sunk back down into the bed. My sobs could probably be heard across the hospital. Marshall was caressing my cheeks as he told me to calm down. "She's okay, Hailee is okay," he tried to calm me but nothing would work. I cried and cried until I felt like I had no tears left, nothing else to satisfy my guilt.

Hailee did this for me. She did the whole house party for me to make friends and hell, who knows if I even made a friend? I was too shaken up too remember.

Suddenly I was alone in the room when the doctor asked Marshall if he could talk to him outside. I just wanted to see Hailee, make sure she's alright and apologize because it was me who was driving drunk. I put her in danger and its my fault.

I'm supposed to be the good, responsible sister being that I've been through a hell of a lot. My thoughts were going crazy and I didn't notice when Kim entered my room and smiled sadly at me, running a hand through my knotted, dark hair.

"Is she okay?" I croaked. Kim frowned, looking at the floor as she tried to stable herself. I cried out, "IS SHE?"

"She's suffering from... from.." She replied. She couldn't seem to get the last part out, she began to sob as she knelt down on the floor. I felt like throwing up.

"From what, Kim?! FROM WHAT?!" I cried out, bringing a hand up to my mouth as I held in the nervous gagging.

"Major brain damage," Kim sobbed, "and some memory loss."

I screamed and I couldn't help myself. I leant over to the bucket next to me and started to throw up.

The only thoughts I had left before I was knocked out was 'it should have been me, it should have been me.'