Chapter 18: All The Tears She Hides Behind A Smile

.:Sasuke:. 

Sakura talked the whole way there, mostly about the future she had in mind for her self and I. A future that I would make sure would never come to pass. Though the whole time she talked I could not keep my mind on the subject. I was always thinking about Kiana and Naruto and how they were together. I didn’t know why I was letting it get to me so easily. I remember I was never really this aggravated so why would the two of them possibly getting together in a relationship upset me any? 

“Sasuke are you listening?” Sakura asked looking over towards me with an irritable look. 

“Yeah I’m listening” I said still looking at the ground. She smiled and continued talking even though it was clear that I was lying. 

I wondered how Kiana and Naruto were doing. Were they enjoying themselves? Or were they living on a hell on earth just as I was. 

.:Kiana:. 

I laughed at the joke Naruto had made about the back of Sasukes head looking like a ducks butt. I had always known that for a fact when I told Sasuke that but I had never found it as funny as I did just then when Naruto cracked a joke about it. 

“So Kiana, how about you? Any other heads?” He asked me. 

I put my index finger under my chin thinking about our friends heads. Which to some might seem like a bit of an awkward subject. 

“Well. It does kind of look like someone shoved a pineapple up Shikamaru’s nose.” I said looking over at Naruto who stopped dead in his tracks. 

I guessed it wasn’t as funny as I thought it would be in my head. To me it looked as if Naruto were about to barf. But instead he burst out in laughter and fell on the ground holding his stomach. 

“P-pineapple u-up his nose!” Naruto said hysterically as he continued laughing.

I simply smiled then laughed along with him. I imagine we looked like idiots just sitting there laughing on and off for about five minutes straight. A few people stopped to stare, others laughed along with us, and then others…well they just walked by looking confused. 

“Jeez Kiana. I never knew you could be this fun.” Naruto said standing up and dusting himself off. 

I smiled at him thanking him for what I had taken as a complement. 

.:At The Dance:. 

“I never knew that you could dance that well.” Naruto said as he lead me off the dance floor. 

“I never knew myself. I suppose this kind of thing comes naturally to me?” I suggested. 

Truth was that along time ago when Sasuke and I were young he would teach me how to dance. That’s the only reason why I was able to dance as well as I could. But I wasn’t about to tell Naruto that. Besides I wouldn’t want to do anything to upset him being that he seemed to be having such a good time and all. 

.:Sasuke:.

So I simply sat there on the park bench with my arms crossed leaning up against the back as Sakura looked at me seeming pretty upset that I refused to dance with her. 

“Come on just one dance Sasuke?” She pleaded and begged trying to get me out onto the dance floor. 

“I’m not dancing. Besides I don’t want to end up a loser like you and Naruto.” I said. 

Sakura puffed up her cheeks as her face turned a shade of bright red as her expression clearly showed an increase in anger. She then angrily crossed her arms wrapping them around her self as she let out a puff of air. Without warning she grabbed me and pulled me out onto the dance floor weather I like it or not. I looked to my left to see Kiana and Naruto dancing with each other to the same song. Sakura stood there smiling as she led me along knowing that it was not going to be the other way around.  There I was being led aimlessly along the dance floor. I never knew what I really was thinking while I was dancing with Sakura. Though I guess I never really know anything at all anymore. I looked over at Kiana and could see that she was having the time of her life. The time that I was not giving to her. The time that Naruto was consuming. I had to find  a way to get over her. I couldn’t keep letting her be on my mind every second. I knew that by doing that I would never be able to reach my goal. No, not my goal. My dream, that I was destined to make a reality. I pulled away from Sakura and stormed off the dance floor. 

.:Kiana:. 

“Sasuke!” 

I quickly looked over my shoulder to see Sakura reaching out for Sasuke who began to walk away. 

Naruto looking down at me seeming a bit concerned. He could easily tell that something was on my mind. Naruto smiled at me and pulled away and nudged me forward a bit. I whipped my head around to look at him seeming a bit confuse. 

“w-what are you…” 

“Go get him.” 

I smiled and ran up to Naruto hugging him. 

.:Sasuke:. 

I angrily made my way through the village roads shoving past people who soon shot me angry glares afterwards.

“Sasuke!”

I turned to see Kiana running up to me. Who else could it have been I knew Sakura could never run in a dress for sure. 

“Kiana? What are you doing here? Why aren’t you with Naruto?” I asked her. 

She stood in front of me now taking only a moment to catch her breathe. 

“Something seemed wrong, and, I wanted to know if there was anything that I could do to see if I could help you.” She said. 

I hesitated. I knew that Kiana still had feelings for me. And I still had feelings for her. But I knew that the two of us would never be able to e together/ Not the same way we would have been back when we were only children. 

“we bonded Sasuke. You and I have been friends ever since we were kids, we shared everything with each other.” She said. 

Hearing this brought back so many memories. Memories that I thought I had locked away forever and replaced with hate. Now that she was bringing them back up again I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do. 

“Kiana….that was then. And this is now” I stated shooting her a cold glare which made her jump back a bit. “We were young. Stupid. Foolish. How could someone like me ever love someone like you? Why would you have even thought that some freak could ever be with me?” I asked her.