Chapter 23: A Secret, Will it be Revealed?

.:Kiana:.

With every passing moment I was becoming more and more livid. 

“Why didn’t you tell me that?!” I asked tallied at him as I curled my hands into fists. 

“You didn’t ask.” Naruto said which only seemed to piss me off even more. 

“I shouldn’t have to ask for you to tell me something this important.!” I yelled at him again. 

But now that I knew this I knew that I didn’t have anymore time to argue. So I immediately turned away from him and ran off towards the hospital. 

.:Naruto:.

I gritted my teeth together and vanished for a moment than reappeared in front of her and grabbed her by the front of her shoulders bringing her to a stop. 

“Why do you need to go and see him? You and I were having such a good time just now. Why go and let Sasuke tear us away from that?” 

All Kiana did was look at me as if she held all the disappointment in the world. She was angry with me, and she wondered why it was I would keep something like this from her. I could see the confusion in her expression. 

“How would you feel if were in your position. I know Sasuke doesn’t care as much as you do but let’s say for a second that he did. Would you want him to keep me from seeing you if you were hurt? Would you want him to keep me away from being there for you as one of your friends?” She asked me. 

Her words pierced my heart like daggers. She had a very good point, but for the first time, I wasn’t willing to admit that. Sasuke was not her friend. He didn’t care for her that same way that I did. No. He didn’t even fathom in comparison. 

“Kiana…I” I struggled to find the right words. Though I knew that nothing I could ever say or do would change the way she felt about him. 

She loved him, far more than she ever would me. And believe it or not that really hurt me. Though she would never admit it to me or never even herself, she would always love Sasuke with all of her heart and soul. Even if she herself would be blinded from it, she would always be able to feel it. Even if she was unable to see it. It concerned me with how much dedication she had put into him, being that I knew she was only going to end up being hurt in the end. To see her suffer and hurt like that was one of the very last things tat I would want for her. But she was blinded to Sasuke’s ambitions. Like everyone else, Sasuke would only use her to get what he wanted. But then again I thought to myself that the only person that would be able to teach Kiana that lesson, would be herself. I could never tell her that. Though I could, she wouldn’t listen to me, and I knew this all to well. But I also knew that I was trying to protect her to much. I remembered something Iruka sensei had told me. No matter how hard you try and teach someone, they will never completely learn until they are able to go out and experience it. Yes it would hurt me to see her hurt like that, but that pain would only be temporary. 

Letting out a heavy sigh I released her shoulders. 

“Okay Kiana. If this is really want, then I won’t stop you. But I won’t promise the perfect results that you’re hoping for….” I said letting my head hang down. 

Though all she did was smile and wrap her kind loving arms around me. 

“Thanks for understanding Naruto.” She said with a smile before she ran off into the darkness. 

.:Sasuke:. 

I had gone back inside to get myself a blanket. Granted I seemed tough on the outside, but I always hated getting sick. I wasn’t about to risk my pride for the sake of a sickness. Besides, no one was up here to see me anyways. The water tower on top of the hospital was to high up for anyone to notice me from anywhere else but above. Below me I heard the nurses shuffling around to find out where it was I had gone off to. Though I knew that there would be nurses coming to drag me back, I seemed not to worry as much as others may have. The only thing I wanted for the time being was to lay underneath the stars of the cold night.  As I let out a warm sigh I could see the warmth of my breathe get caught in the cyrsitlizations of the cold air that surrounded me, encasing me in it’s own little trap. Like everything else in life. If nothing else…I could always trust that one thing. That one person that would never let me fall. It was…