Chapter 24: A Mission? Stop Sasuke?

.:Kiana:. 

As always I woke up in the same bed, in the same room, alone. Not a soul in the world had invaded me as I slept. Peaceful. My body ached from all the training that the sensei had us doing preparing us for the Chunin exams. Though I had a feeling it wasn’t as easy as he had made it out to be. 

“Guys don’t worry about it. Just do your best and be yourself.” 

Those were the words he used to try and encourage us. Though we all knew all to good and well that there must have been a deeper meaning than just that. Though I didn’t have the time to think about things like that right now. I had to be worried about how I was going to ready myself for it. They said all basic weapons were allowed in the exams, which meant they could expect us to kill if worse came to worse. But that was almost exactly what I was afraid of. I glanced over at the blue sheathed Katana that the sensei had given me. 

“Her name is Orehime. Take care of her Kiana. If you do, she will do the same for you in return. Protect her, and she will in turn protect you.” 

I had never really seen the sensei so serious before. To be honest it kind of scared me to see how determined he was about everything. Though now that I really stopped to think about it was there really any other way that the sensei could possibly surprise me? 

“Hey Kiana! The Hokage wants to see you.” 

Of course there was. That’s what I thought to myself when I woke up to see the sensei sitting on my window seal. Thinking back on it as I stood in the Hokage’s office before him. Even though I had dealt with the Hokage many times it was unlike him to summon me. A sudden wave of panic swept over me like a cursed wind, was I turning into…Naruto? I could swear I heard the lightning crack behind me. 

“Kiana, do you know why I had you brought here?” The older man asked me. 

Though I was panicking inside I kept my composer steady as I simply shook my head no replying to his answer. 

“I need you to talk to Sasuke for me.” He said simply. 

“sir with all due respect I think I’m the worst choice for this.” I said gesturing to myself. 

Though the Hokage seemed more than determined about it as he nodded his head. 

“No. You’re the best choice. I need you to convince him into not taking the Chunin exams. If you don’t you and your team will not be able to participate. We can not have two members of the Uchiha clan in the same exam.” The Hokage said. 

All I could think was…damn. I didn’t see what would have put him in this state of thought to think that I of all people would be able to talk Sasuke out of something like this. None the less it was a direct request from the Hokage himself. So what else could I really do but accept the mission he had given to me. I nodded my head accepting it then took a bow and took my leave. 

It only took me what only seemed to be a few minutes to get to Sasuke’s house. But when I got there it felt like it had taken years just for me to knock on the door. I didn’t know why I found this so hard. It was just like any other time when I would talk to him. Besides with him and his team out of the way my team would have a better chance of surviving. Though than again I thought to myself, wouldn’t Naruto be crushed? I thought that I could simply care less about how Sasuke felt, but I was never that kind of person. I suppose that it’s always nice for a change sometime in the near future. 

“Kiana? What in the world are you doing here?” Sasuke asked seeming quite shocked as he leaned himself up against the frame of the door he just opened, crossing his arms over his chest.