2|The Incy Wincy Spider

Chapter 2|The Incy Wincy Spider
Girls Like Girls - Hayley Kiyoko

Oliver Bright

Oh, how I hoped Nick didn't have any classes with me. I cannot stand another embarrassing moment happening with him. He was a potential friend and I vomited all over his shoes. His expensive looking shoes. A lot of teenage boys cared for their shoes like they were their pets or even their children.

That is why I hate the stereotype that says "woman pay too much attention to their shoes" or "woman care so much about their shoes, even more than their children". I saw someone punch this guy in the stomach for getting the tiniest amount of dirt on his shoe. He got a new pair of shoes right after school ended.

It was fucking ridiculous.

Willow and I made it to our first class. I felt like shit. I mean, I had just consumed some alcohol and threw up over someone. The medicine Willow gave me helped though. I originally wanted to skip school today and cuddle up into my pillow, but Willow convinced me to go. She said that my parents probably wouldn't like me skipping school and if they found out the reason they'd make me sleep out in the garage for a week. It was cold in there. Not like I've slept in there, I just put drinks out there to cool them down.

The whole period I had my head down and I buried my face into the sides of my hood. Then came the period that came just before lunch. It was the period that made you watch the clock, just like the last period of school. Only, this time I wasn't looking at the clock. It just so happens that "Mr. Nice Guy" aka Nick was a few rows ahead and across from me. I just stared at the back of his head thinking of things to express how humiliated and sorry I was. Before I knew it the class was over and I hurried to the cafeteria.

I looked all around for a girl with icy blue hair. She was sitting down where we were sitting yesterday. Willow already had her lunch, so I went to go get mine. After I did, I sat down next to her.

"Hey," I called out to her. She seemed to be lost in her thoughts.

"Hey..." After a few seconds of silence she laughed and turned to me with the biggest grin on her face.

"What?" I questioned. I hadn't done anything funny except fall out of bed this morning and hit my head. I was certain she wasn't laughing at that because she did so earlier.

"I'm hanging out with Jackson later," she said really excited. I still don't know what she saw in him, but I trusted her. "He asked if I wanted to go eat somewhere since we didn't get to hang out that long last night."

"I wonder why," I say sarcastically and roll my eyes. She was still attacking me for last night. "I'm going to go grab a drink," I say and groan when I get up.

I walk toward the vending machine and was about put some money in the thing, but then I saw something terrifying.

A spider.

I stared at the thing for five seconds, but it felt like we were in a staring contest. Then, out of nowhere, it jumped on me. I would've just shrieked if I saw it, but I was at school. Now, I just didn't care. I shrieked and ran toward the place where the napkins were, so I wouldn't have to touch the spider. I just looked like I saw a ghost on the outside, but in the inside I was even more terrified. Spiders are scary little shits. I don't care how big they are. Just as I was about to get to the napkins or faint -either one would work- I bumped into someone who had to be two inches taller than me. I looked up, panicked, at who I would see. The guy was Nick.