9|Three Two One

Picture: Brendon Lee

Chapter 9| Three Two One
Ready To Go - Panic! At The Disco

Nick Evans

"It's been a week," Brendon says annoyed.

"I'm aware," I say into my pillow.

"Are you also aware that not talking about it is even worse? You look miserable," he says and takes the pillow away. I groan and he says, "I don't like seeing you mope around."

"Deal with it," I say and take the pillow back.

He pulls it away and hits me with it.

Brendon was my other friend. He has been hanging out with his girlfriend a lot lately, so I've been hanging out with Oliver more. Well, except for last week.

Brendon was one of those guys who either liked you or ignored you. He also had an Australian accent. He was from Australia, so it made sense. He was fairly handsome too, I guess. He had impressive muscles and redheads are hot, so that's a plus. He was a nice person if you got to know him, even though you'll think he's an asshole.

Actually, scratch that. He is an asshole.

"C'mon, if he didn't automatically say 'no homo' or something, he must be confused too. Maybe he's deep in the closet or something," he says sitting down beside me.

"How would you know?" I say and he shuts up.

A week.

It felt like a year.

I hear the clicks of a phone. Then a ring and then another.

"You better no-"

"Shut up," Brendon yells. "Hi, Addi." A pause. "Yeah, I know. I'm right here with him. You know the plan?" A longer pause. "Okay see you in five."

"I told you not to spy on him," I say and sit up.

"Someone had to have the balls. Apparently you don't have any, so I asked your sister. She has the balls." Brendon smirks.

I groan and roll over. Brendon still had that stupid smirk of his on his face.

"Fine. I'll talk to him," I throw the pillow at his face. "I'm not going to have my sister stalk Oliver."

"Atta boy," Brendon says and pats my shoulder.

"Actually," I say and fall back onto my bed.

"Dude, you're talking to him. Get up!" He says and pulls me out of the bed. I grunt and push him playfully.

"Okay, fine. I'll drive over there now." Brendon smiles and gets up.

"I'm making sure you actually leave. I'm going to stay here until you get back," he says and pushes me toward the door. "If you do get back." He winks at me.

I shove him off and walk to the front door. Addi was walking up the driveway with my mom and her boyfriend Ian.

"I'm leaving. I'll see you later," I say to them and walk to my car.