7|Dramatic Noises

Chapter 7|Dramatic Noises
Breathe in, Breathe Out - Set it Off

Oliver Bright

I'm so damn confused! I hate it. I hate being confused.

I paint the background red and let out a sigh.

"I hate you, Nick."

I was currently painting Nick. What I am feeling isn't hatred. It's the opposite actually.

Red is the the color of anger - to me at least. I was angry about my confusion, if that makes sense. Teenagers are suppose to be confused, though.

Anyway what I'm confused about is my feelings for Nick. They're not hatred, but much stronger.

I liked Nick.

Not the best friend like, but the love kind of like.

Now I'm getting more confused.

I wipe my hand on my forehead and continue painting. My painting of Nick was almost done, except for the background. It's been about a month since I've been painting this. Pink, green, yellow, and red were the main colors used.

Nick made me angry sometimes - red -, but I always forgave him. He makes me unexplainably happy - yellow and green -, and I love him for that. He also made me feel good inside and made me blush, no matter how hard I didn't want to - pink.

He was a guy though. I thought I liked girls.

Key word: thought.

I guess I always had that nagging feeling inside my head that whenever I kissed a girl, that it was somewhat wrong.

I shake my head and change the color of paint to orange.

After a few minutes I was almost done. Just a few more white spots. I was about to pick out another color but I got a text from Nick. I picked my phone up as fast as I could.

From Nick:

Want to go get some ice cream or something? I'm bored

I smile and text him back.

To Nick:

Ice cream sounds good

I put my phone down and it buzzes.

From Nick:

Be there in 20

I was already ready, so I continued painting. I had an inch of white left when I stopped.

This is totally like a date.

I felt joy creep up on me and I fill the white with yellow. By the time I get back it should be dry.

Just then the doorbell rings.

"I got it!" I yell to my sister as I run out of the room.

I open the door to reveal a smiling Nick.

"Um," he starts laughing. I give him a questioning look and he says,"Y-You have paint smeared on your forehead."