13|Two Minutes are Enough

Chapter 13| Two Minutes are Enough
Genghis Khan - Miike Snow

Nick Evans

I open my eyes to see Oliver right beside me. Then I remember yesterday.

I remember the happiness I felt. I remember how soft Oliver's hands were. The smile on his face. That cute dog we pet. The kisses we had. All of it.

I smiled to myself.

Oliver Bright was my boyfriend. I would have never thought I would be dating Oliver. The boy who threw up on my shoes.

Talk about a bad first impression.

I let my hand crawl up to Oliver's face and into his hair. I twisted my fingers around the brown locks. After a few minutes of me doing that, Oliver's eyes fluttered open.

He yawned and said, "Good morning."

I smiled and kissed his forehead. "Good morning," I sang.

Oliver grunted and cuddled deeper into his pillow. "Good night."

I raised an eyebrow as he closed his eyes again. My smile turned into a frown. "Oliver. Wake up." He groaned and cuddled even deeper into the pillow. I poked his nose. "Pay attention to me." He turned his body to the other side. "Ollie." He tugged the blankets up over his face. "What happened to 'Nicky wake up'? He grunted. Annoyed, I flicked his head. He didn't even budge. "Whatever. I didn't want to talk to you anyway."

"Good." I pouted and reached over for my phone. I yawned and checked the time. Eight in the morning. Maybe I should go back to sleep. I was about to turn off my phone but the date catches my attention.

"Fuck."

"You're not going to trick me into waking up."

"No, seriously." I jumped off of the bed. "It's Monday."

"Shit," Oliver said and pulled off the covers. "Damnit, Monday!" Oliver shouted and ran toward the closet.

I could hear giggling coming from the door. It sounded like-

"C'mon, Ollie! We're late!" Jessie shouted.

"Stop swapping spit with my brother and get some clothes on, Oliver," Addi shouts.

"Or we can just skip school," Gabe suggests.

"Or...we can skip school and make out," Kip said.

"Oh my god!" Gabe shouts.

By this time Oliver and I already had new clothes on.

"We are not skipping school! Or making out...yet," Oliver said while opening the door.

*

"So why were you two late," Willow said and smirked. She sipped some of her chocolate milk.

Oliver's face flushed, so he covered his face with his hands.

"Well we forgot what day it was," I said. Now that I said it out loud it doesn't sound like a good reason.