14|THIS IS HALLOWEEN

I know it's February, but c'mon. Halloween is my favorite holiday. Bear with me...

Chapter 14| THIS IS HALLOWEEN
This is Halloween - (cover by) Panic! At The Disco

Oliver Bright

"THIS IS HALLOWEEN!" Jessie chants with Addi, Gabe, and Kip.

"We're trying to take a nap!" I yell and cuddle up closer to Nick. He was thankfully fast asleep. I learned he's crankier than me when I'm tired.

They keep chanting anyway.

I groan and wrap my arms around Nick. I nuzzle my head into his neck and smile.

Then the fucking alarm goes off.

"Are you kidding me?!" I yell and Nick wakes up.

"Five more minutes," he groans and nuzzles deeper into the pillow.

"But Nicky, you have to get ready. It's Halloween," Jessie says and pulls the blankets off of us.

"I don't wanna."

"Nicky," she sings, "Ollie."

"Shh," Nick says and throws a pillow at her.

"It's Halloween. You," Jessie jumps onto the bed. "Are-" Jump. "Waking-" Jump. "Up!" Jump.

Nick and I groan. "Fine, fine." I give up.

I sit up and rub my eyes.

Sometimes I really hate my sister.

"Addi," Nick groans.

"Yeees?"

"I'm hiding all of the food when we get home."

"That's a good idea. Maybe I should use that."

"Don't even think about it!" Jessie shouts and jumps off the bed. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. We're going to steal candy anyway, so we'll have tons. I'll have the candy till January."

Nick finally sits up. "Hm. I could give you Halloween candy for your birthday. When does chocolate expire?"

"Nick, I'm not going to eat expired Halloween candy."

"Then you can give me your expired Halloween candy on my birthday. Its closer."

"Nick, it's the day after Christmas. You can have non-expired Christmas candy for your birthday." I sigh. "Anyway, I have to go help Finn set up the party. Well actually, Finn calls it 'glitterifying the house'. That man loves his glitter. It makes me afraid to see his costume. I might go blind."

"Hm, well go have fun burning your eyes. We're going to get dressed," Jessie says and everyone else follows, leaving Nick and I alone.

"I just want to sleep," Nick groans and leans his head on my shoulder.

"Well, I mean, it is six o'clock."