16|No Thanks

Chapter 16| No Thanks
Touch - Troye Sivan
Touch something every time he says 'touch'
Oliver Bright

It was Thanksgivings day in the Bright household. Well, of course it was everywhere else in the U.S.

Anyway, yes it was Thanksgiving.

I actually had a lot to be thankful for this year.

My parents would be home, my sister is happy, my best friend is doing wonderfully, everyone is healthy, I have a boyfriend who is super fucking great, and I'm super fucking happy.

I turn over to see Nick still asleep. I smile and poke his nose.

"What are you doing?" he asked, still half asleep.

"Waking you up."

"Why? You know sleep is important to me."

"It's one in the afternoon, Nick."

"I still have, like, five hours until your parents get here."

I roll my eyes and push him. He moves an inch and then stops. I try to push him again but he doesn't budge.

"C'mon, Nick. Wake-" push "the-" poke "hell-" push "up!"

He sits up and glares at me. I just smile and eventually he gives in and smiles with me.

"It's hard to be mad at you when you're being so damn adorable."

"Good, because I don't like when people are mad at me."

Nick opened his mouth like he was about to say something but he didn't. When he did I didn't like what I heard.

"Don't move a muscle," he whispered.

"What?"

"Don't move," he repeated.

"Why?"

"Shh!"

"If you don't tell me what the hell is going on, I'm going to gut you like a fish. Do you wan-"

He pokes me on the nose.

"There."

My eye twitches.

"Are you fucking serious right n-" He sticks his tongue out at me. "You're acting like a child."

He does that stupid little grin.

"I hate you. I almost had a heart attack. What if I died? My life would be on your hands. Could you deal with that?"

He shrugs his shoulders and inches toward me.

"I would've haunted the hell out of you as a ghost." His smile grows wider.

"Boo, boo motherfucker."

He had a confused look on his face. Then he started laughing really, really hard. I even started laughing with him.