2 3 r d

Legend:

MACRO- Bold
ZOEY- Italic

Zoey rested her chin on her hands as she leaned on the counter.

It was a rather boring work day for Zoey. As usual, the coffee shop was empty. How could it not be? It was summer, and coffee really isn't the trend at this time of the year.

Zoey's eyes moved to the telephone beside the register and frowned.

She wondered what Macro has been up to. He usually called so early in the morning, but today, it was as if he wasn't gonna call at all.

She sighed as she tucked a stray piece of her chocolate brown hair behind her ear. Grabbing her black rimmed reading glasses from her bag, she pulled out a thick book entitled "Harry Potter".

She figured she might as well re-read the book to pass the time.

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four Privet Drive were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank yo-

As she read, mid-sentence, she got distracted by the soft jingle of the door chime.

Looking up from her book, her eyes landed on a tall young man with chocolate skin, just right about her age.

He was wearing a black hoodie, which was odd because it did not match the temperature outside, his hands stuffed in his front pocket.

"Hi! Welcome to Starbucks, how may I help you?" Zoey greeted as the boy approached the counter.

He did not say anything. His face held no expression. Instead, he pulled out a pink envelope from his hoodie pocket and slid it on the counter to Zoey.

Taking the envelope, confusion embeded in her eyes, she looked at the boy, then down to the envelope, then back to the boy.

"W--"

"Shhh." The boy hushed, raising a finger to her lips. "Speak no further. Now, I will be gone. Gone, like a phoenix in the process of being reborn. Like a ninja amidst battle. Like a v-card of a slut--wait, no. That sounds wrong. Hmm, well this is awkward. Urgh, just read the card!" He said irritated, as he jogged out and away from the store.

Realizing that she had her mouth open the whole time, she closed it, turning the envelope to its backside.

Open me.

It read.

She turned it back around to the front side and unstuck the heart-shaped sticker closing the envelope.

With her heart hammering like crazy, she opened the envelope and took out the letter inside it.

Taking a deep breath, she mouthed the words;

On this summer day,
the truth shall arise.
Follow the path.
You're in for a surprise.