b o n u s / / s o m u c h

Zoey had been at the bookstore downtown to pick up some classic novels for a book report due next week.

The bookstore was quite empty, and the cashier was still the same old lady that had been there two years ago.

She browsed through the classics section and settled for a childhood favorite, Anne of Green Gables.

She smiled, feeling nostalgic.
She went to the counter and placed the book on the counter top.

The old lady looked at her through her thin, crescent glasses. "So, where's that young lad you always brought with you here?"

Zoey smiled, her heart skipping a beat. "He's actually waiting for me right now, "

The old lady smiled and checked the book.

"Thank you, " Zoey said and left the place.

She felt the cool breeze brush past her skin as she made her way across the street. She smiled at the thought of the cashier lady remembering her and Macro.

He truly is remarkable. She thought to herself.

So there she went, in the grassy park where they first met.

She sat down, placing the newly bought book on the soft grass.

She stared mournfully at the gravestone in front of her.

"Hi Macro. I miss you." She smiled, a tear trickling down her cheek. She took the picture in front if her and put it on her lap.

"So, much,"