Chapter Six: "I love you, Terra Perry."

Fast forward two weeks, two days before the tour.

Tony and I have grown closer with each other. I still haven’t called him ‘Dad’ yet. It’s way too soon and I don’t think this is a permanent thing. I also had experience when I called someone ‘Dad’, they ended up hitting me. He may decide that he didn’t want me anymore and bring me back to the orphanage.

Tony bought me a suitcase. It was black with white splotches I took it into my walk in closet and sat it on the floor. Tony said the tour should last only five to six weeks. It wa a benefit concert and OM&M, BMTH, and SWS would be there. It would be fun, even though OM&M was the only band I really knew. He said we would stop at the dry cleaners and wash clothes every Sunday at four. They had a tight schedule.

Vic was excited as ever. He had a tour after this one with just Kellin. This one would happen four weeks after the benefit. Since this tour was last minute, all of the boys were on what I’d like to call a ‘sugar high’.

Tony came into my room and found me in the walk in closet.

“You packing yet?” he asked. He sounded excited too. I smiled up at him.

“No. It’s in two days, right?” I questioned. He nodded. “Have you packed?” I challenged. Tony stuck out his tongue.

“Yes.”

“But it’s in two days,” I giggled. Tony shrugged.

“You should pack too.” he suggested. Then he handed me a big box. It felt heavy. It was about as big as a big boot box and it was as heavy as two Webster’s dictionaries. “I know you hate birthdays.” Tony said smugly. “But all of us decided to get you something anyways. You have every right to be afraid of your past, Terra. But don’t be scared of your future.” He leaned over and kissed my forehead. I smiled.

“Thanks, Tony.”

“Mmhmm.” he smiled. “Go on, open it!”

I sat on the hard shelled suitcase and Tony placed himself on the floor, in front of me. I unwrapped the turtle paper and grinned. Tony could never have enough turtles. It was a large boot shoe box. At least I got that right.

I opened the cover and gasped loudly. Somehow, the four managed to squeeze a laptop, iPod, and a Nikon camera in the box. I looked up at Tony who smiled at me.

“We figured you’d be bored on the benefit concert and the future ones. Also your file said you arrived at the orphanage with an iPod, but I haven’t seen it. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think some bitch took it.”

I smiled and picked up the iPod touch. Of course it had a turtle case.

“Now the camera,” Tony said gesturing to the Nikon. “Has a catch.”

“What’s that?” I asked, amused.

“You have to take pictures of the performances. Okay?”

I slammed Tony into a huge hug. He laughed.

“I love you, Tony.” I whispered. I felt Tony stiffen and then he hugged me tightly. This was the first time I ever told him that I loved him. I felt tears come to my eyes when he said:

“I love you too, Terra Perry.”

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I stared around the room. It was about three in the morning and I could hear people downstairs. They were laughing and I could hear bottles tinkling in the background. I yawned and looked at the wall that Jamie and I painted together. Tony, Vic, Mike, and Jaime all wrote funny things on it in the bright chalk. Even Kellin, Alan Ashby, and Austin Carlile wrote something nice on it. I smiled and rubbed the bakc of my neck. It was such a change to have no one love me to everyone love me.