Chapter Twenty-Two: When A Turtle Cries

I was on my knees. They were shouting at me and tossing things at me. Ashley smiled and leaned against the sinks. She flipped the scissors and grinned manically at me. I started to shake as she walked over to me. 

She grabbed my hair and looked at the boys. 

"I think she needs a little hair cut, don't you think?" 

They agreed, laughing. I shrank away from her. Hands grabbed me and held me tightly. 

"NO! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" I screamed. Ashley walked closer to me, snipping the scissors. My heart began to beat faster. I could feel that pit in my stomach that I felt the last time I had a seizure. Oh no, oh no, OH NO! This couldn't be happening. 

She grabbed a clump of my hair and leaned over. 

"Snip, snip!" She said happily as she cut the clump of my hair off unevenly. My heart went into overdrive. My mouth clenched shut and I started to shake violently. I felt a sharp pain in my side. Then I was on the ground, shaking. I heard a door open and a shout. 

People began rushing around me. The scissors dropped to the ground with a clutter and I saw my hair float to the ground. 

"Terra!" Shouted Jaime's voice. I struggled to calm down, but I was almost too far gone. I heard Mike's voice too. Small hands pulled me into their lap. Vic

"Look at me, baby girl." I heard Jaime's voice. I tried desperately to find Jaime's eyes. I tried to force them down to find his face. 

It took a lot of effort and I was nearly exhausted. I stared into Jaime's brown eyes. "That's it, Little Perry." he said. I could only see his face. I felt Vic shake from under me. I could hear Mike's worried paced footsteps. "Breathe in...and out...c'mon Terra." he whispered. 

I tried to calm down, and I succeeded. Soon, I was sobbing in the arms of Vic. 

"Who did this to you?" Vic murmured in my ear. I shook my head. 

"N-no one." My fingers went to my hair. "How-how bad is-it?" I stuttered. 

Mike smiled. "It's not bad, Terra. You look beautiful." 

I swallowed hard and started crying again. "T-T-Tony?" I asked carefully. 

Jaime shook his head. "We need to take you to the doctor's. We need to get this heart thing checked out." He lifted me from Vic's arms and I nestled into his arms, crying. 

"Get me out of here." I whispered. Mike put his flannel over me and I closed my eyes, wishing for death. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I sat in my room. My bedside table held my new heart medication. It was meant for epilepsy, but the doctor said it could apply to me. I had to take it every day. Also, I wasn't going back to that school for a while. The doctor says so. I should take three to four weeks away from that school and take some online courses so I could still be caught up in the classes. 

"I don't fucking care if Allie was here." snapped Mike's voice. "Tony, they cut her hair. She was a mess. She almost had another seizure." 

"I know." Tony mumbled guiltily. "I should have-" 

"Yeah, you should have." Jaime cut in. "Look, Tone. You can say that you 'should' have or you 'would' have, but honestly, that won't change Terra's point of view of you. She called you to pick her up because she didn't feel safe. Remember how you didn't feel safe and I came to your rescue even when I was about to have sex on my birthday? Do you remember that?" 

Tony muttered a yes. 

"I still came for you. You didn't even come for your own daughter." Jaime sighed. Then his tone softened. "I'm not mad, Tone. I'm just in disbelief." 

"You should go talk to her." Vic said quietly. I heard a sniffle and some feet shuffling. 

Then my door creaked open. I stared at the epilepsy meds and didn't blink. 

"Terra," muttered the voice of Tony. I swallowed hard and kept staring. "I'm-sorry." He sat on the edge of my bed. I slowly rolled over and looked at him. His eyes were red and puffy. He had been crying. I swallowed and instantly felt guilty. Why was he crying. "I should have...I mean..." he shook his head and wiped away his tears. "I mean...I'm sorry. I didn't see what was in front of me. I just-" He broke off and began crying. I stared at him. Goddamn it. 

I crawled up to him and hugged him. He swiftly pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly, rubbing my back. 

"I'm so so so so sorry." he whispered into my hair. I shivered. 

"I'm...I know." I told him. "I understand." 

We sat there in silence. 

"So..." I said, to break the silence. "Who's Allie?" 

Tony blushed and wiped his tears away again. "She's this girl I've been seeing. I think I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend. But if there comes a time where you need me, I'll always be there. No matter what. Okay?" 

I nodded and he hugged me. 

"Okay. I'm sorry." he repeated again. I snickered. 

"You can stop saying that. I know." I told him. He sighed and kissed my head. 

"I love you, Terra." 

"I love you too." I told him.

A/N

The end is almost here!!! mwahahahaha!