Chapter Twenty-Five: Bulletproof Love

Ashley bumped into me in the halls. 

"You stole my fucking boyfriend, slut!" Snapped Ashley. I stared at her. 

"You're the one who stole mine." 

She snarled and grabbed my arm. I winced as her hands touched my sensitive skin. My secret. She dragged me to the bathroom.

Suddenly, she let go and grabbed her phone. She grabbed me, punched me in the stomach, and I fell to the ground. Fuck this shit. 

She pulled up my sleeve and took a picture of me, bleeding on the ground, wrists exposed. 

"I'm gonna ruin you, bitch." She swore to me. I started to cry as she left. No. This can't be happening. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I was lying on the floor in the living room. I could hear Allie and Tony laughing to each other. Suddenly, Tony's phone beeped. 

"I'll be right back babe." He said to her. I swallowed hard and closed my eyes. Fuck...this is it. 

"WHAT THE HELL?" Tony shouted. His feet hit the stairs as he ran down them. I started to cry. "TERRA PERRY WHERE ARE YOU?" 

I timidly opened my eyes. "I'm right here, Tone." 

He raced up to me, eyes wide and his skin pale. 

"Let me see your wrists." Tony said calmly. His hands were shaking. I bit my tongue. 

"Dad..."

"Let me see your goddamn wrists, Terra Perry, or I swear to God..." 

I brandished my wrist. Tony stared at it for a few seconds. Then he looked at me. 

"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?" He screamed. I flinched back and tried to wrench my arm out of his grasp, but he held it tightly. "TERRA! WE TALKED ABOUT THIS!" 

I started to sob. "I'm sorry! I didn't know what I was supposed to-" 

"Why Terra?" He shouted. I sighed, brushing tears away. 

"I don't-I don't know." 

Tony made a noise in the back of his throat. The door bell rang and in walked Jaime, Mike, and Vic, their phones out. 

"We got a picture-" Vic started. 

I stared at them. They stared back. I bolted. I ran from the house. They screamed my name, but I kept running. I ran and ran and ran. When I thought I couldn't go any further, I pushed myself. 

Drenched in sweat, I ran to Danny's apartment. I ran up the stairs and knocked on the familiar door. 

Within minutes, Danny answered, looking frightened. 

"Terra, I got the text..." He said, looking at me. I grabbed him and held him. 

"I'm so sorry." I blubbered. "I ran from Tony's-" 

"You ran?" Danny asked, shutting the door. I nodded quickly. "Terra, that's sixteen and a half miles away..." 

"I don't care." I told him. "I'm just tired..." 

Danny kissed my sweaty forehead and then my cheek. 

"I love you, Terra." 

"I love you too." I whispered. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"I did this to you." Danny murmured. I felt myself wake slightly. I felt him get out of the bed and walk away. I mumbled.