Chapter Eight: Miles From Nowhere

I woke to hands shaking me awake. "Teeerrraaa." whispered a voice. I pried my eyes open. 

"Tony?" 

"Mmmhmm." I rubbed my face. 

"What is it? Why are you waking me up so early?" I heard Tony laugh. 

"Because...It's TOUR DAY!" 

I grumbled and stalked out of bed. I grabbed my toothbrush and began brishing my teeth. Tony began packing all the things I missed, like shoes, shampoo, razors, makeup, and jackets. 

"I'll bring your stuff down." he offered. I smiled my foamy mouth. 

"Thanks!" 

My bus bag consisted of my laptop, iPod, camera, some books, and journals. I spat in the sink and put the bag on my shoulders. I snagged the comforter and the pillow pet. Then I made my way dwn the stairs. 

Jaime and Vic were excitedly jumping up and down. Austin, Alan, Aaron, Phil and Tino were playing ninja with each other, all of their stuff on the bus already. Mike had his eyes shut and was sitting on the couch. He appeared to be sleeping. Yes. That's what I wanted to do right now. 

I snuck into the living room and crawled next to Mike on the couch. I wrapped myself in the comforter and held the pillowpet in my hands, resting my head in his lap. 

I felt Mike shift a little bit and sigh, resting his hand on my back, rubbing little circles on my neck. Soon I was drifting back to sleep. 

"FUCK!" I heard Aaron cry. I sat up and slapped my face. Mike grunted. We both glared at Aaron with pouted. "I'm out," he said sadly. 

"Shut up!" Both Mike and I snapped in unison. I plopped my head back on his leg. I heard OM&M snickers. 

"C'mon, Terra." whispered Tony's voice. I raised my arms. 

"Carry me." I mumbled. Tony's laugh made me smile. 

"Okay" Tony replied. He lifted me easily. Mike yawned and grabbed my bag, blanket, and stuffed animal. 

"She's bringing a pillowpet?" Mike chuckled. 

"Yeah." Tony was grinning. "It's become a security thing. It's kind of cute." 

I felt the cold air hit me. I flinched and pulled Tony closer to me, whimpering. "Almost at the bus, Terra." I heard a door open and I was greeted by warmth. 

"Just let her sleep, man." Mike's voice was fading out. "We'll see her when she wakes up." 

I heard Tony mutter something. Then I was placed in a bunk. A blanket was pulled over me and a pillowpet put in my arms. A warm kiss went on my forehead and I smiled. "Sleep tight, Terra." Tony whispered and he closed the curtain. He didn't have to tell me twice. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Awe! Damn! You beat me again!" sighed a voice. 

"HA! Pay up, Turtle." I sat up and my head hit something. I scowled and rolled over, falling out of the bed and onto my butt. 

"OWW!" I snapped. 

"Wanna hand?" laughed Phil. I glanced up and took his hand, grumbling slightly. 

"Thanks." I muttered. 

"Yep." Manansala smiled. 

"Hey Terra." greeted Tony, getting up from his video game. Austin sat next to him, Pepsi in his hand. I hugged Tony and smiled.