Chapter Fourteen: The 'Talk' With The 'Turtle'

There was a knock on the door of the bus. I yelped and covered my face. Alan took my hands away and smiled at me. 

"You look fine..." he laughed. "I don't understand why girls think they're so gross before dates!" 

I heard Tony open the door and shake his hand. Then I heard him talking to Danny. I tried to peep in the conversation, seeing both Mike, Vic, and Jaime nodding and cracking their knuckles. Austin, Tino, Phil, Aaron, and Alan tried to keep me away from them. I frowned. 

"What is he saying?" I asked, nudging Tino in the stomach, watching Tony move his hands in a fashion that looked threatening, but he had a smile plastered on his face. Tino laughed and shrugged. 

"I dont' know, shortie." 

The others were giving Danny a serious look. When the pale Danny nodded, Tony shook his hand and so did the others. 

"Okay, Terra. Danny's here." he called to me. I ran past the OM&M and kissed Tony on the cheek. 

"See you, dad!" I said, grabbing Danny's hand. Danny looked scared shitless to even touch me. I saw Mike do a punching gesture at him, winking. He paled even further. I shot Mike a glare and Jaime handed me his phone. 

"Told everyone to leave me alone tonight. Password's 0000," he chuckled. "so call if he tries to do anything funny." 

"Mmkay, bye!" I said, shoving the phone in my pocket. Danny smiled. 

"I'll have her back by eleven." he said grinning slightly. Then he opened the door for me. 

We walked out into the parking lot and Danny opened his car door for me. I smiled and slid in. Then he walked around to the other side and opened the door. He turned on the car, and soon, we were on the highway. 

"So, I made a reservation at a Texas Roadhouse, if that's alright with you." he said, his eyes on the road. I smiled. 

"Yeah. That sounds awesome." 

He rested his hand on my lap. I took his hand and squeezed it. 

"You're so pretty, Terra. I think we should start over and pretend last night never happened." we stopped at a red light and he smiled. "Hi. I'm Danny. You are?" 

I grinned and squeezed his hand again. "I'm Terra. Nice to meet you!" 

"Haha! Same!" we pulled into a red food place. I later found out that he had made special reservations in a quieter room for us. 

We sat at the small table. After we ordered our food, he leaned into me and pecked my cheek. I smiled and kissed him back. 

"Terra, I don't want to lose you. You're special to me." he sighed. "I don't know why, but you make me feel something that I haven't felt in a long time." He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean, I know this is straight forward. I know I'm kind of...no, I am a douche bag for saying that shit last night to you. I can't believe I was that close to losing you." 

"We only met twenty-four hours ago." I giggled. 

"I know." Danny breathed rubbing his face. "I just...this can go either two ways. One, I can be the happiest and luckiest man in the world. Or, I can lose the one thing I hold onto, my twenty-four hour romance. I want to...ask you...to...be...mine." he trailed off and stared at the small candle in between us. "Please?" he asked. 

I watched as he avoided eye-contact and he sighed quietly. I felt my stomach twist. I mean, this was the best feeling in the world. I have Tony who loves me like a daughter, Vic, Jaime, and Mike to love me like a niece, now Danny who loves me like a lover?