Chapter Twenty-Six: Over You

Danny died that day. The doctors say he was dead with a smile on his face. Fuck that. 

Tony gathered everyone to go to Danny's grave as a memorial every year. This is the second year. 

Vic, Rish, Jaime, Mike, Austin, Phil, Oliver, Nicholls, Kellin, and Jesse came to go see Danny. We each held a rose. I clutched mine so tight, it broke my skin. 

Tony put his rose on the grave and sighed through his nose. 

"Danny, you went too soon. I know you're in a better place now. You...you were a goo kid, Danny." 

Vic and Mike awkwardly stood there and said nice things along with Kellin, Jesse, Phil, and Austin. Oli added the part about me knocking him out and Nicholls told the story of Danny falling for his bully. Finally, I was the last to say something. 

I stood in front of the stone and stared at my reflection in the marble. My mouth began to quiver. 

"I love you, Danny." I whispered. I threw down the rose. Tony's hand landed on my shoulder, but I ran. I didn't know where I was going. I only followed Danny's voice. 

Forget me, Babe. Don't worry. I'm fine!

I ended up in the shed. It had some marble statues and tomb stones. I sobbed. I didn't know how long I cried for. It felt like hours. 

Maybe Danny was right. Maybe I needed to move on. I needed to move on. I needed to live my life. I sighed. 

"I'll never forget you." I told him scratchily. I could almost feel him smile. I wiped my eyes and crawled from the shed. 

Phil was the first to find me. He grabbed me from around the waist and twirled me. I grinned and hugged him back. 

"Are you alright, Terra?" He asked softly. I nodded. 

"As okay as I'll ever be." I replied. Phil nodded and slung me over his shoulder to find the others.