Chapter Fifteen: From the Best, to the Worst

I tapped my foot nervously. I heard Tony come from behind me and pull me into a hug. 

"You ready?" he whispered in my ear. I nodded. 

"Yeah. I'm super scared." I said shakily. Tony laughed. 

"Just find someone in the crowd and sing to them. Block everyone else out, just sing to them." I sighed and nodded. 

Jaime grabbed me from behind and hugged me tightly. "You ready, Terra-Bear?" he screamed. I pushed his face away. 

"Uh huh!" I told him. Jaime let out a whoop. Vic smiled at me. 

"We're gonna play Besitos, then you're on." He then shifted his green and white guitar on his shoulders and smiled. "Then we'll finish our set. You'll come out to sing Carapernelia with us." Mike smiled. 

"You'll do great, Short-Stack." 

I made a face and bopped him on the forehead. Tony kissed the top of my head. 

Soon, they were running on stage, screaming their heads off.

"You're my favorite, explosion!" Vic cried into the mic. I watched him sing. The song was ending. Way too fast...way too soon...

I was going to sing the song: The End by Silverstein. Vic told me that he and the guys knew the song, so they'd join in too. I smiled at that thought. Vic gestured for me to get on stage and pointed to the piano. I felt my stomach twist into knots as I walked stiffly on stage. 

"Terra's gonna sing a song for you!" Vic said to the crowd. I waved. I could see OM&M, SWS, and BMTH smiling and cheering me on. I swallowed and Vic set up a mic for me at the upright piano. I gave a shaky sigh and started to play, hesitently. 

"FUCK YEAH TERRA!" screamed a voice. I giggled and the crowd roared with cheers. I started playing the intro that was meant to be on a guitar. 

"The first time we met, your face became etched, in my mind..." I sighed and hit a high note on the piano. "You were the sun, I was the one, who worshipped you, my hands were your gun...your eyes were my muse!" Mike started playing the drums and Jaime added a soft bass part. Tony started doing some easy licks in the background and Vic played the rhythm guitar, strumming and singing the higher parts. "I had so much sorrow inside, you could never reach...But can I still keep, a place in your heart?"  I took a deep breath and stared into the crowd. People were waving their arms and singing along. I spotted a man who looked familiar. It dawned on me. He looked just like my father. Of course, it wasn't him. My father died. I felt abandoned by him. He hurt me. He died and left me with my mother, who dropped me off at the home. What a traitor for leaving me...

I felt my breath hitch and tears start to enter my eyes. These thoughts lasted only about .25 seconds. It was crazy. I opened my mouth again to sing. 

"You broke my heart. You promised me the moon and stars, I fell for your dreams, I fell for your lies, there was no other way, you know that I tried." 

I closed my eyes and sang my heart out. We ended the song on a small note, drawing it out. 

The cheers were so loud, I'm sure I could feel the stomping in my chest. I stood and smiled. Tony twisted the guitar around his neck and grabbed me in a huge hug. He kissed my cheek and I hugged him back. 

Jaime held me close too and twirled me around, somehow resulting with me on his shoulders. The crowd screamed their affections. Vic jumped up and tapped my forehead. I smiled and blew him a kiss. He staggered back, jokingly, snatching the kiss from the air and planted it on his mouth.