sixteen

Michael's POV

Having her here with me, and with me is something that, truly did not occur to me too often. I mean, yes we were the best of friends as children, but it was also only as close as a friendship could be when you have a full time job. I never anticipated losing her, but I never thought she would jump right back into my life the way she did. The world truly has its own way of making your life the way destiny would have it. I should have never doubted what we had. She is the only person I can truly feel comfortable and myself with. When I'm with her, I can feel my heart glowing. I never thought I would genuinely feel that way with a person.

Today was my first day 'back to work' since going to Gary the first time. I had taken a personal break from the label to discuss matters for my next album. This new inspiration inside of me was dying to come out, but I could never catch the time to sit down, write and produce. My time and soul were invested in Bonnie, and now it's time to get back to another passion of mine: music. I woke up earlier than Bonnie to get ready for a meeting at the studio to pick up where I left off last time I was there. It hurt me to leave her, she looked so peaceful and all I wanted to do was hold her one more time. But it would wake her, making leaving even that much harder. 

I grabbed my bags and notebooks and went on my way to the studio.

-

Bonnie's POV

Michael left a note for me on the nightstand. "I'll be back soon. Work calls. -M"

If this is what life has in store for me from now on I never want it to end. I never would have imagined that this is where my life would take me. He truly makes me feel like one in a million. I know that I love him, but when will I actually say it to him... in the context of the present. I've told him countless amounts of times that I loved him... but now if I did, it would be different. And he knows that too. Michael's the first person to say I love you to just anyone. But now I can feel him refraining from using it so openly with me. I mean, would it be too fast? We've known each other for as long as I could remember, but have only physically rekindled just recently. For the longest time, I thought the person writing back to me was my imaginary penpal who reflected my idea and memories of Michael. Never thought he'd come back for me and now here I am.

My parents would be so happy for me.

I got up, not knowing what to do after fixing up my hair and brushing my teeth. I sat on Michael's bed for a short period of time before a knock on the door startled me. 

"Come in," I called out.

In peeped in Janet's head, "Hey,"

I smiled with delight, "Hi Janet! What brings you here?"

She came and sat down with me, looking absolutely excited, "BonnieGirl, I may have some good news for you!" she singsonged. "But you have to promise you didn't hear anything!"

I repositioned myself into an upright position, inching closer to Janet, "Good news...?" Out of all the possibilities for good news, for me, I couldn't think of a single outcome.

"The Grammys."

"The Grammys?"

"The Grammys! They're tomorrow night! Majority of us are going, Michael's nominated for so many this year!" 

"Oh that's so great! He deserves them all and more!"

A more cheeky smile spread across her face, "But that's not all, I overheard Joseph on the phone, talking about 'Michael's date'! Who else could it be! You're coming with us!"

My eyes widened up, my arms and legs filled with goosebumps, the only reaction I could express was pure speechlessness. "Michael did say he was going to tell me something... this must be it! He was going to surprise me, oh-" Janet was lightly screaming, jumping up and down and hugging me. I eventually did the same, realizing that this was it. Michael was ready to announce us to the world. Of course he loves me, he does not even have to say it. I know.