four

Bonnie's POV

No one could ever comprehend the overwhelming feeling of having him here again like this. Him being here is the greatest present I could've ever gotten on my birthday. This one definitely tops my 19th birthday when he released a new album with his brothers and sent me a signed copy.

I couldn't stop staring at him and smiling. My cheeks were starting to hurt after so long but I did not care one bit. My hand clenched harder onto his hand every time he spoke and he didn't seem to mind or anything. But I just couldn't help it. I have never felt so happy.

When he turned to me and asked if Greg was my friend, I lost all sense of reality, and stuttered out a slow answer. I had to remind myself that I was "in love" with this guy. Michael represents my world, and when we were speaking outside, all my previous thoughts and feelings had went blank and he was the center of my attention.

Of course I loved him. He was and is my world and no boyfriend would replace that. Best friend has a whole new meaning when it comes to Michael.

We all sat together on the couch, then Michael excused himself to the bathroom. As soon as the door shut, Greg had pulled me onto his lap. I turned to him quickly and appalled, "What are you doing?"

"We always do this, babe." he smirked and resettled me on his lap.

"Stop it. We have company," I tried to get off of his lap but he held me there. I smiled again once Michael opened the door and took off his jacket. He paused slightly, noticing our new seating position, and sat back down.

I didn't want to make Greg look bad, so I went along with it and tried my best not to look uncomfortable in front of Michael. Greg always does this with guy friends - gets over obsessive and jealous and marks me as his property. Letting it be known that no one could challenge him. It was extremely annoying, however it doesn't happen often. Probably why I have been putting up with it this long.

I could see in his eyes he was uncomfortable watching me like this. Michael knew I wasn't the type to be okay with this - then again he knew every little thing about me. I was jittery and always adjusting myself because this is not a position I feel comfortable with. I could be very affectionate if I wanted to but in front of others I get very weirded out about it. Greg - the opposite.

"How did you two meet?" Michael asked.

Just before I opened my mouth to say anything, Greg blurted out, "School. In college, we were both into football. Well she was head cheerleader and I was the quarterback. Cliche as it may seem, it's true." He almost instantly took my face and kissed me right there. I pushed his head back and gave him a look, trying to tell him to stop acting like a jerk.

"We only just started dating though," I abruptly interjected. Almost trying to justify something.

"Yeah but we've pretty much been familiar with each other since then," He obnoxiously tried pointing out.

Michael was now uninterested in the conversation, then looked at his hands and asked, "So what was the plan for your birthday, Bon?"

I smiled at him and sighed, "Oh nothing, really. Greg and I were going to hangout here and-" I felt his hand reach into my pants and he squeezed my butt. I screamed mid-sentence and got up, "Greg, stop!"

"What's the matter?" he said so innocently.

My blood rushed to my cheeks and I snapped, "You always do this! Michael's doesn't deserve this inappropriate behavior and frankly, neither do I. This is all I've wanted for years and you would know that if you spent less time worrying about harmless men in my life."

Greg stood up and his body towered over mine now, "Well maybe I wouldn't be so worried about you having guy friends if you weren't known for whoring around town."

My jaw dropped at this insanely outrageous accusation. "Just because I have talked to more than one man does not make me a whore, you jerk." I couldn't help but feel my eyes heat up and tears start forming. I turned around to Michael, and apologized, trying to get a full sentence in before bursting into tears.

Michael stood up and yelled, "Don't talk about her like that!"

"You're a little late to talk, bud." Greg rolled his eyes and scoffed at him.

"Greg, please leave." I pointed him out the door and turned away so I could keep in my tears of pure embarrassment.

Michael grabs my hand and grips it tightly to comfort me. Greg saw instantly and began yelling, "Wow, so you are kicking me out to sleep with him!"

"Leave - or I'm calling the police again." I said sternly, still looking at the ground and clutching Michael's hand.

He huffed and whispered, "You'll regret this." to Michael as he slammed the door on the way out. Once his car was gone and I could hear the sound of the tires screeching away, Michael instantly bent down and picked my face up with his thumb, "He's not here, you're okay now,"

"I'm so, so sorry. I really thought he would be on his best behavior, I really did." I sighed. Without saying another word, Michael wrapped me in his arms and held me. It was reassuring and comforting and I really needed it.

I sniffled a small grin of relief, but Greg's comment rewound itself into my head. I held onto Michael as I cried into his shoulder; he just held me there and didn't say a thing. I knew he didn't really know what to do when someone cries in front of them, but with me, he seemed like he didn't have to try and I'd already feel better. Something about him brings back good memories instead of bad ones. He's the light in my life.

(EDITED July 2, 2019)