thirty

"No! We didn't agree with that! I never said rhinestones on the cake! Are you kidding me? No!"

It had been a week since the engagement, and we didn't really want a huge wedding, so we had Janet plan it for us, since it had been her dream to plan a wedding. But I think we are both slowly regretting it. All we here all day is yelling, because nothing is going as she planned I guess.

I just sat on alone on the stairs watching Janet go crazy.

"Wait, you're my only caterer! You can't do this to me! Fine! I don't care! The bride is,"

Janet turned around to me, "Hey Bonnie, what's your nationality?"

I sighed, "I'm two-thirds Mexican, and one-third White,"

"THE BRIDE IS MEXICAN!" Janet yelled into the phone. "I don't think she'll mind Pablo's Catering!"

Janet paused, then the dial tone indicated that the person on the other line had hung up on her. She groaned and stomped off, dialling Pablo's number I'm guessing.

I sighed at her, and started to play with my nails.

"Hey, you." I turned around to see Michael slightly smiling as he walked towards me.

"Hi," I smiled and kissed his cheek.

He sighed, "Rough day?"

I looked over the balcony over the stairs, "For Janet, yes." I smiled. Then sighed, "Are we overwhelming her? She seems so...tense."

He wrapped his arm around me, meeting my other hand on my shoulder, "This is what she always wanted. If we let her go, she'll be crushed."

I sighed again, "You sure?"

He nodded, "I know Janet. She likes to push her limits."

"Okay, whatever you say." I smiled.

We sat at the top of the stairs, and just relaxed, a little. I felt bad for putting all this weight on Janet. We haven't even decided a date yet, and she's planning all of this stuff, that I feel like Michael and I have no say in.

Michael looked so calm. He stared out the window, and smiled at the nature. I want to appreciate nature like he does. Maybe I would be a better person, like him. His love for Earth keeps him calm and always happy since it's always around him. I wanna be like that.

Just then, a phone rang, and Michael shot out of his little daydream world, and answered it.

"Hello? ... Yes this is he, ... Really?! ... We're on our way now! ... Thank you!" he hung up the phone and stared at me with a big smile.

"What's going on?" I returned his contagious smile.

He took a deep breath, "The head architect of 'The Ranch' just called and said he's finished!"

I jumped up, "Really?! They're done?! But I thought it wasn't estimated to be done until--"

"A long time from now, but they really got to work!" he jumped up and hugged me. "They want us over to check it out!"

I laughed, "That's amazing, Michael! I could finally move into the place I was promised two months ago!" I teased.

He gave me a funny look the picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, "C'mon let's go!"

I started to slap his back to let me go, but he resisted.

"How are you even carrying me?" I asked.

He laughed, "I've been working out with Randy." he proudly smiled.

I looked over to his biceps and they were...wow.